View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Tramdol????!!! Blimey Jackie, you're brave!!! They're the ones they give to the oldies in the hospital overnight to shut them up!! I found that out when Mum was in there, and the doctor actually AGREED with me that they were horrible things, made people all confused, dizzy and feeling sick!! Can't you take something else as a pain killer Jackie? I'd hate for them to be making you worse, they really are awful things to take, I know from not only my Mum but that old lady I cared for who ended up in there - she totally lost her marbles on them within a month!!! I'm sure they might just be making you worse than you would be on some other kind of painkillers, and I can't believe he's given them to you either, they save those for the oldies!!! They're not even as strong as Co-codamol or suchlike either!

At least you will be going to A & E now and hopefully something will get done when they've assessed you again, but try and stick it out this time, it will be well worth it in the end. Don't forget to do all that shouting either if they want to send you back home with a migraine!!!

Hope you have a good rest and I hope you manage to get there ok, and if not, ring an ambulance! You can always stick yourself on the non urgent ambulance waiting list for the time you want to go tonight, after all, you're entitled to because your doc has told you to go there, so they won't question it! All the best, I hope to hear some good news after you've been into A & E then! Take care of yourself, we'll all be worrying about you.xxxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 12:11 PM
My friend has terrible migraine and her doctor gave her Tramadol she takes 2 a day and has done for years. Blimey no wonder she's confused, and here is me thinking Oh poor love its just senior moments She'll kill me if she reads this
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 12:16 PM
The staff nurse at the hospital told me they ONLY use it when there's no other pain killers left for them to use, i.e. if a patient is on painkillers maximum amount during the day, then this is their only choice? She confirmed to me that the side effects of it were confusion, dizziness, abruptness, headaches, stomach cramps(hmmm, I wonder if they've included it in my medication then?????!!! ) I always knew straight away if they'd given it to my mum, she didn't even know what planet she was on, and I'd march straight off to the nurse and ask her, and it was always a yes!!! I got that stopped though with the help of the nice ward doc!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 12:58 PM
I hope this time you get the help you need. x
Keeping you in my prayers x
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Oh good grief, your GP is next to useless - does he not realise that the increase pressure in your head might not just result in you loosing your eyesight completely but the condition if left is leathal!

Please go to A&E at a different hospital as soon as you can - not sure exactly where you are but i'd seriously consider getting to one fo the bigger hospitals if you can - can you get to LIverpool or Manchester? I know that I am under the care of the Hallamshire in Sheffield but that's probably too far away!

As for neurologists being "busy" erm well yes, they are, but they have a duty to treat those in need - which i would most definately say you are!

please please take care of yourself, spend as much time resting - keep us posted when you can
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Sorry I've only just caught up with this Jackie...how awful for you. I suffer from terrible migraines and can only guess how bad you must feel to have something far worse going on and on and on in your head and making your whole body feel so poorly.

I have no advice to give, everything the others have said is good sound advice, I only hope that someone has listened to you and you are now receiving the treatment you need.

If only I lived nearer to you I would feed the baby birds for you so wouldn't have to worry about them at least.

Big hugs xxx
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I was on Tramadol for about 3 years. Tbh it worked at first, but then when I got used to it, it didn't work at all.

I can't believe your GP said about neurologists being busy! Of course they are busy 24/7 but that doesn't mean he can't see you ifyou are ill. That's just ridiculous.

When you go to casualty, refuse to leave until you've seen a consultant. Even if they have to admit you.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you hun xxx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 04:14 PM
just caught this..

sending lots of *hugs* and i hope you feel better soon
xxxxx
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Just to let you all know.........................i have had my LP done
and i feel like i have been given a new head
got out of hospital this morning, am home now, just having a cuppa tea then gonna get a couple of hours sleep

just wanted to say a BIG thank you to all of you for the support you have given me the last few days, i got really low with the pain but you all helped me so much

you are all wonderful
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Fantastic news Jackie , when I noticed you hadn't been on for a while I was praying it was because you were in having your LP done I'm so pleased you are feeling so much better enjoy your sleep

Christine xxxxxx
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >