Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
agree 100%!!!!
Another vote here Not much more to say really.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Nope-dont agree with capital punnishment Donna.

Innocent people have gone to the gallows and you cannot bring them back.Its simply revenge in my opinion cause you cant teach a corpse a lesson can you? Take away their freedom is best and none of this cushy life in prison with tv's etc.Solitary confinement forever is the only way forward.Prison is supposed to rehabiliate offenders,but lifers dont require it so should be in solitary until they stop breathing.

What about people who are mentaly unstable and have admitted to crimes they havent commited? Their only crime is to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic and also to lie and liars dont deserve to die.Where do you draw the line?

The death penality was abolished in the 60's and is thankfully resigned to history books along with other classics like flogging.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Yes Steve, but even those with mental illness, if they are actually proven 100%, with the dna testing, the forensics, blimey even if they were caught red-handed raping an innocent girl and killing her!!!!! Oh, I think I'd have to. It doesn't matter that they're mentally ill if they still DID it does it???!!! Just out of interest, I wonder how many innocents have been ptd in the US where in some states they still have Death Row???

Some people are just a total and utter waste of space in our society, and if you can weedle them out with obvious guilt of their crimes, then hang the beggers, or sit them in the electric chair and flick the switch I say!!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-12-2007, 01:01 PM
I have always believed that we should bring back the death penalty for child murders, rapists and paedophiles.

Personally I believe that we should go as far to have it done publicly in the town square to show the world that that sort of behaviour it not excepted in this country.

I think I have just found my new vocation in life. Executioner.

I would make them bas*ards die slower than a snail walking up a garden path.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
I have always believed that we should bring back the death penalty for child murders, rapists and paedophiles.

Personally I believe that we should go as far to have it done publicly in the town square to show the world that that sort of behaviour it not excepted in this country.

I think I have just found my new vocation in life. Executioner.
I would make them bas*ards die slower than a snail walking up a garden path.

Lol! PMSL here Colin!!!!!!!! Can I tie the rope for you then please????!!!! I'm good at knots (or maybe not, depending how evil their crime was)!!!!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 01:07 PM
i agree with you Steve

it would make us as bad as them if we started killing people

Lock them up till they die
with no tv, books, nice things etc

i used to work at a top security prison and in my eyes they get it too soft, make them pay for what they did, but not by killing them
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I agree Helen,there really are some absolute wastes of space who have committed hidious crimes,but i just dont believe an eye for an eye is the right thing and you just cant bring them back for an appeal.

Say for example you yourself was found guilty of murder because scientific evidence was compromised or cos of bent cops wanting an easy arrest-imagine the fear you would experience knowing your life would soon be extinguished for no reason.Corpses cannot appeal and getting your name pardoned by the home secretary 30 years later dont really do much for me.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Hmmm food for thought there Steve, BUT, some of these people commit crime after crime, whereas I don't, so with them, you know they're guilty don't you?! We've got some really evil b**tards out there ya know Steve, I mean, really evil, I know I probably watch too much telly, but it's all factual stuff I've watched not fiction! I just can't bring myself to forgiving people like that, no matter how hard I try, and revenge is always a dish best served cold, so I'd just have to do it!

What's the bible's take on this about the "eye for an eye" bit??? Anyone know? Do they say we should or we shouldn't? If not, then why did he even bother to say it??!! Lol! I'm definitely on one today, I'd better go and get stuck in to my chocolate ice cream of the day, it might mellow me a tad!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Your icecream sounds good Helen-save some for me!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 01:21 PM
sorry but even the like of perverts/peado's etc rapist where there is no doubt should be killed...all this " ive changed, had therapy" Bullsh**!!!

leopards do not change spots so get rid of them!
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »