Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 04:30 PM

Shamus went on strike!

It was pouring with rain on our walk today and all the dogs were playing up and I was not in a good mood then I noticed that Shamus had disappeared.
I found him standing beside a car in the car park, and he refused to move. I had to put a lead on him and drag him away.
He obviously thinks that cars take you home.
Maybe he`s not as dim as I thought.

Anyone else`s dog displayed signs of independent thought?
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 04:34 PM
aww poor shamus, you are evil making him walk in that rain

when i take ty out and its raining, its litterly only for a toilet break because once he has done the toilet head collar or no, im dragged back home ( he walks lovely on a head collar any other time)

he is a big brave gsd
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Awwww bless him! Cain's gone on "wee strike" the last few days, refusing to wee in the garden in the rain. Why are these big dogs such big babies?
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 06:16 PM
He's a smart one!

Izzy went on strike today too on our morning walk and refused point blank to move! I tried dragging her but picked her up in the end until we got round the corner to the field.
It was tipping it down so can't blame her.

I was in a hurry before leaving for work and I want them to do "jobs" before I leave them so going back home like she wanted to do wasn't an option.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 06:18 PM
They arent daft are they!

Finaly managed to get rox out the door this morning - walked into town and she made a dash through the doors of the nearest coffee shop!!

She doesnt 'do' rain you know
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Jimmi doesn't do rain either........he is okayish when it is gentle drizzle, but proper rain cannot be tolerated! Trouble is, if he goes on strike when a downpour starts the only option is to turn round and head for home, but he just looks at me as if to say "do something about this" and refuses to move.

Mind you, until this evening, we have had no real rain since early Spring.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Jimmi doesn't do rain either........he is okayish when it is gentle drizzle, but proper rain cannot be tolerated! Trouble is, if he goes on strike when a downpour starts the only option is to turn round and head for home, but he just looks at me as if to say "do something about this" and refuses to move.

Mind you, until this evening, we have had no real rain since early Spring.
How have you managed that?! lol Remind me to send more your way!! lol
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 06:53 PM
*sigh* oh that sounds so familiar. Dougal doesn't 'do' rain either...especially when it's piddling down. He doesn't go on strike but will sulk all the way round...you know, walks with his head down and his tail between his legs...making it clear that Mum is just soooooooo bad for making him come out in this horrible wet stuff. As for snow...forget it! No chance!
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
*sigh* oh that sounds so familiar. Dougal doesn't 'do' rain either...especially when it's piddling down. He doesn't go on strike but will sulk all the way round...you know, walks with his head down and his tail between his legs...making it clear that Mum is just soooooooo bad for making him come out in this horrible wet stuff. As for snow...forget it! No chance!
Glad im not the only one with a rain-phobic stafford!

However snow makes roxie do zoooooooomies!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 07:15 PM
You've only got to look at that face to see what Shamus thinks of it all

Pepsi wants to know what the big deal is.
She trotted off on her walk this morning happy as Larry. But had to come home early because her friend, Suzie the Yorkie, is a Woos and wouldn't walk in the rain
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >