View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 07:23 PM
And I forgot to mention the ARROGANCE of thinking they had no right to or should know better than to walk over land that is NOT owned by Gnasher i.e. the land behind their property! Good grief!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Spot on Majuka. The fence may seem low, but remember there is a massive drop the other side, with a solid bank of huge stingers, thorny stuff growing up the fence.
Which makes no difference to a dog stood on the inside of your garden. They probably couldn't even see the drop on the other side, they're just aware that the fence is 4' 6 high which is easily jumpable for a large breed. Is Ben not a Husky cross? I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Huskies are very agile and can be escape artists and know many rescues will insist on minimum 6' fencing. That's without the added extra of owning a DA dog, which I would go even further to secure!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
what's your point? Did I not say that Ben and Tai dashed across to our neighbour to say hello to her 2 dogs. Did I not say that it was HER dog who sparked the attack by growling at Ben? Ben was doing nothing wrong, and neither was Tai. All 4 dogs were calmly saying hello, when the BL decided to growl at Ben. Not that that is any excuse, I am just pointing out the FACTS.

I have continuously said that Ben has issues with BLACK DOGS and BLACK & TAN DOGS. Not all dogs are these colours round these parts, though it is unfortunate that all the dogs in the lane are black or black and tan or very dark brown! He is fine with all bitches, all small dogs, irrelevant of sex or colour. His problem is and probably always will be he does not like male black dogs, or black and tan dogs. he is fine with females of these colours, and he is fine with all small dogs. I am not saying he is perfect, and there are certainly no conflictions in my postings. He has in the past, and still does, SOMETIMES let dogs of all colours, ages, sex, type, say hello, but SOMETIMES he doesn't. the dog has issues, so just butt out and look after your own no doubt perfect dogs who have no issues.
Anyone who thinks that the dog that growls is 'starting it' has a lot to learn about dogs.

There are so many conflicts in your postings that I lost count----I can't be bothered to quote all of them---maybe one day if I have time.....

Silly last comment from you--indicitive of your inability to cope when you are in a corner---and adding to my sympathy for your neighbour.

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
And I forgot to mention the ARROGANCE of thinking they had no right to or should know better than to walk over land that is NOT owned by Gnasher i.e. the land behind their property! Good grief!
It reminds me of when we used to walk bandit down the towpath, a garden that ran along it had a English bull in it, it used to go mental when we walked by, one day the chap poked his head over the fence and had a go at my hubby, because it was our fault for walking on the footpath , and upsetting his dog.

How dare someone walk past someone's garden, and how dare someone walk down their own drive.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Dashing right over to dogs is quite rude in doggy language so I would say it was your two who were on the wrong footing from the go. Growling is natural dog communication, leaping into a fight because of a growl is not the polite reaction. I can't believe you're trying to shift the blame again, what happened to taking responsibility for the situation?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Maybe these neighbours (and their dogs) should learn how to LEVITATE? If they have no 'right of way' over the access to the property they own?

Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Ok I'm confused. Was Ben the same dog you were having recall issues with in another thread? If so that means you were letting a DA dog off lead and often out of your sight whilst you were out and about?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Gnasher - first and foremost I think you should do a little research about 'shared access' and 'right of way'. Of course they have 'right of way' across 'shared access' land - they do not have to OWN it to have right of way over it.

I could see your neighbour's POV but sympathised with you for the situation you now find yourself in. I have now read all your posts and my sympathy for you has evaporated totally.

I did mention previously that maybe there is an element of her feeling that you think you 'still own the place and can do what you like'. I think quite a lot of what you've said confirms that.

As for her thinking you are arrogant. Well, I can't help but agree with that. I suggest you re-read what you've written yourself. You keep banging on about this being YOUR property and YOUR drive (and them only having right of access over it) !!!

Here are a few of the comments you've made that confirm what I thought and which (to my mind) confirm that you are arrogant and DO think you own the place and can do what you like and they should alter THEIR behaviour to accommodate you doing as you like. You seem to think you know better than they do HOW THEY FEEL. Better than a Vet does about WHAT IS NEEDED. And should be able to dictate someone else's reactions to a situation.

Your capitalisation of 'Her' and the way you refer to her is, to my mind just as insulting as the four letter anglo saxon words of choice she uses. You obviously feel superior to Her!

As for the general populace in your village - I'd be surprised if any of them had TRUE sympathy for you if this is the way you talk about people.
O dear - you clearly haven't a clue what you are talking about. I really cannot be bothered to go into the legality of land rights - bearing in mind I am a legal secretary as well as a medical one.

You're right on one thing - my initial capital letter of "Her" and "She" is deliberate. Why? Because as you rightly say I feel SUPERIOR to her. Why do I feel superior? Because I do not go round hurling 4 letter words of abuse at people WEEKS after the index incident - and NEVER would I EVER use that dreadful c word. Somehow it is even worse when heard coming from a woman's lips. As far as I am concerned she is the lowest of the low for using such foul language. At the time, in the heat of the moment, and even a few days afterwards, yes, I would have no problem. She was upset, beyond belief most likely. So of course I do not care or mind that she hurled a few f's at me. But we are talking some 6 or more weeks after the time when Ben jumped out of the garden. There really is no excuse now for such disgusting language. Would you like it if someone said to you "I will not rest until your f'ing dog is put down"?
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Just a thought. Maybe this neighbour has been repeatedly told how Ben is a wolf cross, as Gnasher has tried to get us to believe. This could be a reason that the neighbour is so annoyed, that a wolf cross is a danger to her dogs.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Brilliantly put !!!

My guess would be part of the frustration displayed by the neighbour may be due to the fact she is constantly reminded that her access over her right of way, is begrudgingly tolerated.

She should inform you when she wants to walk down her drive.

It's her fault because she dares walk past your garden.

Enough said !!
Sorry you are so way way off the mark. There has NEVER been any problem whatsoever between us and our neighbours. Can't you read? Don't you understand the words that say - we have spent many hours in each other's company, drinking each other's houses dry? We have been extremely good friends, and OH and I have been always very sensitive to the fact that it may be awkward for them to have to cross our drive, and have bent over backwards to never allow the plants to get too bushy, weeds to grow between the blocks and look unsightly, and to generally be very respectful of the fact that this is the entrance to THEIR property and they deserve to have an attractive entrance. I even consulted them about removing a buddlea which was self-seeded, but which I love because it encourages and butterflies, and they graciously said it could stay because of the butterflies. You really have missed the point completely in your desire to be a Gnasher Basher because you don't like me, which I find rather pathetic.
Page 12 of 51 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »