View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Well I've no problem! Woody's too old to pull (or run after anything come to think of it)! And Pickles is too small to pull!
Would've been a godsend when Bonnie was alive, she used to drag you around on the lead constantly til she was 13! After that she just bu**ered off home when I wasn't looking! Many a time found myself going for a walk with no dog!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 06:10 PM
I has the same problem with a mizzi harness - it rubbed Bruno's armpits till they were red raw - it did help him and stopped him pulling - but then we couldnt use it due to the rawness - I ended up putting sheepskin patches on the bits that went under but they moved about toomuch and he also alsways ended up in a puddle or the river ( he is a staffie if there is mud or water they will find it) so I gave up in the end and went back to the harness and being pulled about all over the place !!! You get used to it LOL LOL - AT least now I have one arm like popeye - really muscly !!!

dani
Mr Canny
New Member!
Male 

23-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi Dani (Brundog)

Sean here, you helped us with the prototype of the Canny Collar for which we were very grateful, thank you for that.

Based on the feedback from yourself and others, we made several important modifications to the design in the 18 months since you trialled the prototype, including widening the slip line that goes over the dog's nose, adding metal eyelets, strengthening the stitching, replacing the brass piece with a plastic 'triglide' (it was causing an allergic reaction in some dogs), replacing the buckle, standardising the sizes, clarifying the instruction leaflet and thankfully we still get feedback (mostly good now!) and are always open to suggestions on how to make the Canny Collar even better.

It is now used by around 60% of all RSPCA shelters in England and the SSPCA in Edinburgh recently purchased a substantial quantity. They are recognising that it is helping them rehome very difficult dogs and we have several testimonials from shelters where they rehomed long stayers, who it was thought would never be rehomed.

The Canny Collar is a Scottish invention for which we are very proud. You may like to check out the following thread current on another dog chat site for a current view of the Canny Collar.

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/in...l=canny+collar

If you would like me to send you a new, improved model for your Staffy, I would be happy to do so!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Hello Sean

Well that is interesting - i would be interested in trying it again as Bruno is as bad as he always was so a new improved version might well be worth a shot.

will pm you to get more info
ta
dani
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 09:19 AM
It looks good I wouldnt mind trying that myself, lots of malamute owners have the problem of the dog pulling, as stated I have to use the head harness halti when walking my four dogs, they can be a handful, up to now I have had success with the haltis but they do look like muzzels when the dogs are wearing them consequently people tend to cross the road when I am walking my dogs, which is some thing I dont want, would be interested in finding out how they work when a dog does in fact lunge forward and what the success is in this situation.

MO
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-03-2005, 10:00 PM
I borrowed one tonight when I took Lola to training class and its fantastic, much better than the normal halti we use. Can you buy these in normal pet shops?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Not sure about being able to get it in pet shops, but give this link a try!
http://www.dogestore.co.uk/products.asp?cat=11
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Not sure about being able to get it in pet shops, but give this link a try!
http://www.dogestore.co.uk/products.asp?cat=11
cheers Ripsnorterthe2nd

Does anyone know how big or small the size's come up. We tried size 3 which we just maned to do up on the last hole, and as Lola's 6 months I was thinking about getting a size 5 but would a size 4 be better for now. don't want to much strapping spare if you know waht i mean
metalmorphosis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
I use a halti on Teagan, but I use a double ended lead, so it also attatched to the collar.
I find I have more control this way, rather than just using a halti or a collar.
I can slow her down/hold her back with the collar, and direct her with the halti.
I do the same. The collar is used for general walking, then the Halti acts as a brake or for more steering. I use one for both dogs, but I feel it's necessary for Cleo purely because if she sees a bird or cat etc and pulls I have very little control, so it's a safety thing really, while her training is being continued to stop it I feel much more secure knowing I have that control if I need it.

I've tried a harness with her and it had no effect whatsoever. They work on Hoofa but rub him horribly.

I want Dogmatics but I'll stick to a Halti til Cleo's fully grown.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4