Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-10-2011, 02:49 PM

Just too tired

Missing too much sleep and trying to do all important things, but I am just too tired to be the "me" I should be.

Not really sure what I could/should be doing but short of a guaranteed 8-9 hours unbroken sleep each night I guess I just have to cope somehow.

The problem is that I am not young any more and everything takes so much effort, and all I want to do is sleep.

I sit here, read everyone's posts, think oh yes, must answer - and then find I am still sitting here staring at the monitor.

Too many emails waiting to be answered - just do not have the energy to wake my brain up enough to even acknowledge them. Wanted to take some photos of a sore patch Pereg has but the camera batteries are dead even though they are rechargeable and just, supposedly, been recharge.

Sorry - I am not sure I am thinking straight.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't know about you but the more I sleep, the worse I feel. I try not to stay in bed for longer than 7 hours at a time if I can help it.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Nothing worse than lack of sleep to haggle the brain, be careful as sometimes tiredness can result in accidents, have you tried a hour in the chair just to recharge your batteries sometimes sleeping in the chair gives you a better sleep then the bed xxxxx HUGS xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I am honestly not sure if I am awake or asleep at times. I did need a minimum of 8 hours sleep a night, albeit having to get up for the loo a couple of times but which did not really wake me, and frequently managed a [slightly broken] 9 or even 10 hours.

But as soon as I am really awake I have to get up otherwise my stupid body is locked and I have to get out of bed and into my chair, and I was doing fairly well following my own circadian rhythm. But now I have to go by my beloved Pereg's medication times, plus being woken by her every movement in the night, which has thrown havoc into the equation.

Please do not misunderstand me. I love Pereg so much that it hurts, and if she wakes me then so what. I guess that sometime my age jut hits me and I think this is not good - I am old, I am a stoooopid crip - but what gives me a reason to complain?

Only I am not really complaining. I am just tired.

And my lovely neighbour has just brought me in x kilos of fresh beef mince, chicken mince, chicken and turkey liver, and somehow I have to sort it out - but not today. For the moment it can stay in my refrigerator and I will sort it out and pack it up for feezing tomorrow.

Hopefully.

Old age is really crap at times.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Aww bless you I know that feeling,I spend my life being 'too tired' . I have M.E and most days are a struggle with the things you've described.When you mentioned looking at Posts on here and replying,I'm the same... whilst i spend as much time as i always did on Dogsey i've found the last year or two i don't always have the brain space to reply to most of the threads id like too particually the more heated topics and so dont feel as much of a part of dogsey as i used to
What i've found is, i waste just as much energy worrying about the things i 'haven't done' or 'need to get round to' .
So my advice would be to try not to worry about those things even though its hard,it just makes you more tired in the long run.
Hope things improve a bit for you xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

06-10-2011, 07:54 AM
I am being "forced" to do things, which cannot be bad as it stops me physically and mentally from stagnating. But it is not easy especially as all physical actions are difficult enough without me even feeling tired.

But I have to look after and care for Pereg and I know that for her I have to keep myself as well as possible.

It is just hard and at times I curse my body for its uselessness.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 08:52 AM
As they say, "old age doesn't come alone" and so we all, unfortunately, have to accept it, it is better than the alternative

Remember the Serenity prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr,

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Not easy but hang on in there
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Sorry you are feeling down. I hope something turns you round and lifts your spirit soon.
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Oh I am sorry you are feeling the way you are
Big hugs
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

06-10-2011, 10:02 AM
I am not feeling "down" as such - just tired and a bit fed up about being so useless and very fed up with major ouchies. But then I look at Pereg's beautiful face and think what would I do without her? She never complains so why should I?

This morning I have been portioning beef mince into meal-size "patties" and open frozen - I think I have done 3 or 4 kilos [I am not sure what my neighbour got for me yesterday] and have chicken mince, turkey and chicken livers to do. Not just for Pereg but a lot will be for me as well, so I should not and will not complain.

And everytime I go into the kitchen to sort out another lot there she is, flonked down and waiting, ever hopefully, for something to be thrown her way. Only I am a horrid rotten mommy who does not give her, pleading expression or not.

I actually love preparing Pereg's food now she is mostly [~90%] on raw, and I see her delight in her food, even though I am slowly cutting down the amounts each day in order for her to lose weight.

Pereg loves me, if a dog can feel such a thing as "love".

What else could I possibly want?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >