Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Thank you for all your advice xx

Oh no Helena, you poor things, sounds just awful. I had a stabbing pain in my ear earlier and now they do feel a bit blocked (but my nose isn't which I still can't get my head round)

Will keep drinking the water, well more, and will go and get some paracetamols tomorrow for definate. I've got the olbas oil here, so will get started with that!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Gosh I feel for you.

I had I had it a couple of weeks ago and can't remember the last time I felt so ill. I slept for 3 days (and nights) pretty much straight through and that seemed to do the trick. The only thing I took was paracetomol which seemed to help a bit with the aching.

Definitely agree with Tassle though - don't try to fight it, just give in and sleep.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 11:34 AM
We seem to have avoided it here so far. My hubby gets the yearly flu jab as he had a heart attack last year but I'm not entitled to anything.
We have had 40 cases of swine flu at the hospital so far and we've heard nothing about vaccinating the staff! I was vaccinated last year so hope some is still left over from that.
Apparently there was a patient with suspected swine flu walking around the hospital freely last week!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Poor you! Hope you feel better soon. I always feel like I am dying when I get flu-awful.

I had a stinking cold for Christmas this year but fortunately I get a free flu jab (asthmatic) so didn't develop into anything worse but was bad enough.

I made the mistake of telling Jamie about the risks of over-vaccination in dogs and he flatly refused to have a flu jab this year as he says he didn't want to get cancer! My Mum who is 86 also refused to have one as last year she got a really bad reaction to the swine flu jab and came out in purple bruises all down her legs-very strange.

I find that Contact 400 (or some number like this?) tablets are very good if you have a runny nose.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Utterly horrid isn't it!

Day 4 now, yep, started on Christmas Eve, and I'm only just beginning to feel normal. I still can't regulate my temperature and feel all bunged up wit a cold now.

Rest and LOTS of fluids would be my recommendation lovely xxxxxx

Get better soon!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Utterly horrid isn't it!

Day 4 now, yep, started on Christmas Eve, and I'm only just beginning to feel normal. I still can't regulate my temperature and feel all bunged up wit a cold now.

Rest and LOTS of fluids would be my recommendation lovely xxxxxx

Get better soon!!
Me too, slept through xmas eve, thankfully my daughter did xmas dinner (we had family coming too) got to about 5pm, then retreated to bed, bad yesterday, just about feeling slightly better today.

Left with blocked ears, a racking cough and blocked nose.

Not doing my asthma's any good either.

That will teach me not to have my flu jab
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Me too, slept through xmas eve, thankfully my daughter did xmas dinner (we had family coming too) got to about 5pm, then retreated to bed, bad yesterday, just about feeling slightly better today.

Left with blocked ears, a racking cough and blocked nose.

Not doing my asthma's any good either.

That will teach me not to have my flu jab
Poor you! Sounds exactly like my Christmas and there's 6 bottle of reserve rioja with my name written all over them ;o)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2