Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-01-2010, 12:33 PM

The 'Big Trip' begins !!

Well the preparations anyway.

Planning to bring the two furry monster to England in July for the Newfoundland Club water trials at Ragley Hall.

To enter UK they must have a letter from the one and only approved laboritory in this country to say that the anti-rabies thingies inside them are working, of course they had the anti-rabies jab as soon as allowed and have had the booster every years since. This letter must be dated six months before travel.

The microchip they have must alse be readable by an ISO standard reader.

Then not more than 48 Hrs. (and not less than 24 hrs) prior to arrival they must have the tick & tapeworm treatment.

Just to be on the safe side our vet has today given them every vaccination known to medical science

They get better medical treatment than we do

This is just the beginning, still have to sort out a French vet near the tunnel and tickets etc.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Sounds exciting. Are you crossing on the ferry or the train?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 12:39 PM
A lot of preparation, but at least you can bring them - that has to be worth it doesn't it (perhaps you'll only answer that once you've done it all)

How long are you staying?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Sounds exciting. Are you crossing on the ferry or the train?
It will be the channel tunnel train - I believe people do use the ferries but I also understand that the dogs have to stay in the vehicle (Or be exercised on a special deck area away from the normal passenger areas) and no way would OH agree to that (Or me either) 25 minutes on the train with us by their side will be OK and let's hope neither of them wants a wee

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
A lot of preparation, but at least you can bring them - that has to be worth it doesn't it (perhaps you'll only answer that once you've done it all)

How long are you staying?
Yes, I'm hoping that with advance planning it'll not be too bad Not sure about stay time yet but at least three weeks maybe a bit longer.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Wow, a lot of forward planning then, Harvey. Great though that you can bring your two furries over with you!

Hope the preparations go smoothly and that there are no problems.

When are you due to come to the UK?

Have a safe journey too, take care.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Good luck with all this planning, so much to think about.

Good luck with the channel tunnel, my stomach lurches just thinking about it. I get very claustrophobic
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 08:14 PM
OOoooooh this all sounds very exciting H, and I'm wondering if I might be on your planned itineray???

Have you done anything like this before with the dogs??? I know you've travelled, but I mean the dog trials!!! How exciting, and thank goodness you've picked the best time in the calendar for some decent weather! Having said that of course, going on what we've got now with the Big Freeze, I suppose anything can happen in July???!! I hope you ticked the air conditioning box when ordering that lovely new motor home, you might need it!!!! Good luck with all the arrangements H, and of course, we'd love to see you if we could possibly arrange it.xxxxx