Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jo_McLoughlin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2013, 09:19 AM

Friends wanted for walks in Surrey!

Hi All,

My husband and I rescued a 12 year old male staffie called Jake in November last year. He loves his long walks and likes meeting other friendly dogs although he's going a little bit blind so on his worse days has to be walked on a long lead bless him! We would love to meet up with some doggie friends for walks around Surrey (in particular Cobham/ Esher/ Bookham areas).

Hopefully hear from you soon!!!

Jo xox
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Hi Jo,

I live in Surrey and frequently walk around Painshill Park in Cobham with my two TTs. My two are 2yr old brothers (littermates). At Painshill all dogs have to remain on leads, but if you haven't been there it is a lovely place to walk. I sometimes go by myself and sometimes walk with a friend who has two greyhounds who apparently aren't particularly dog friendly but with all the dogs on leads and us chatting they are fine.

I can't PM (private message) you so we'll have to organise it on this thread if you are interested. I can't do anything this week but could the following week. I've got membership there and can take a friend in free of charge which means it wouldn't cost you anything. I tend to get there for around 10.30 but let me know what you think and maybe we could organise something?
Jenny
Jo_McLoughlin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Hi Jenny , that sounds lovely we've lived in Cobham for a year now and we've still never been into painshill park! Let me know when you're free either at weekends or evenings during the week n we can arrange a time when we're both free.
Jo
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi Jo,
They aren't open in the evenings so it'll have to be a weekend if you aren't around during the day. The next two weekends I can't but I promise to come back as soon as I can. It's well worth a visit only as its a lovely place to wander around with loads of follies, a big lake and all sorts of terrain. A nice coffee shop too
Jo_McLoughlin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Hi Jenny,
Ok no problem - I work full time during the week so I won't be around I'm afraid! How about we provisionally say saturday 11th May at 10:30?
Looking forward to meeting you and your dogs!
Jo xox
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2013, 08:14 PM
OMG Jo, I have only just seen this ................. I am so so sorry and hope that you didn't turn up there at 10.30 as you hadn't heard from me. I'm sorry!! Today was never a starter as I had a friend here and my OH was off at lunchtime for the weekend.

I can't do next weekend, then the weekend after is the start of half term for school kids (and obviously the weekend after that)when it can be pretty busy, so how about Saturday 8th June 10.30 in the carpark there. I go on the 'Chat' section daily so we can always confirm on there the day before. I will try and remember to check this section though to see if you reply.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Hi Jo,
I would have sent you a PM (private message) but to get this benefit you need to subscribe to Dogsey (£5) a year and it is worth it. If you fancy that you can do it in the 'want to help Dogsey' section in the list on the left of the page.
I've sent you a 'Direct Thread' message which I've never done before so do remember to have a look in that section as I've posted my mobile number ..... I hope I've only sent it to you and not the 30,000 odd thousand members
I'm really looking forward to meeting you and Jake.
Jenny
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Jo,
Unless I hear from you shortly I've got another invite for 8th June and you haven't confirmed either on here or on the private message section.
Jenny
Jo_McLoughlin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Hi Jenny, I did let you know last week in the chat section that I couldn't make the 8th June, we agreed on the following weekend! I can't seem to find your direct thread, not sure whether this is because I haven't been on the forum long? Could you let me know where to look in case I'm missing something please?! Thanks, Jo xox
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi Jo,
Excellent we'll keep to 10.30 on the 8th June (unless the weather is really foul). The Direct Threads section is at the very bottom of the main Forum page. If you click on it, only you should be able to see it (but nobody else). I just think we ought to exchange mobile phone numbers to make life a lot easier. Take a look and see if you can find it, if not go the the 'contact a mod' subsection near the top and they'll be able to help.
Jenny
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >