View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Has he had a thorough healthcheck and any tests done? E.g thyroid issues can contribute to anxiety, as well as other medical issues. I've been trying to tackle Kiki's separation anxiety for several months now with up and down progress, but recent bloodwork showed low thyroid levels so we're trialling Soloxine to see if it helps with the anxiety.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Yes, he has been given the all clear by the vet.

Barney is not taken anywhere busy or where he will be frightened and react. He is on a long line when out and is quite affectionate, even to strangers but he has so many triggers that send him spinning and looking to bite that I will be muzzling him as a precaution.

The main current problem is he does not like my OH. This is making things extremely difficult. He will solicit affection from him if he is in the same room but if OH comes into or goes out of the room Barney spins and grabs something to shake and bite.

I am leaving 'stuff' on the floor for him to grab as an alternative to us!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2012, 03:46 PM
poor guy, he really does sound stressed and reactive
Its so much more difficult if they are stressed in the house as well as the stress levels are high all the time and they cant cope so well with any new stuff

Have you got the book 'control unleashed'? Sounds good for the type of things he is doing with hubby
I would prob be doing a kind of 'food bar open' as he walks into the room, then 'food bar closed' as he walks out - if he is up for walking in and out loads
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Yes, I do have 'control unleashed'. Will dust it off and have a look.

Good idea re bar open/bar closed.

Barney had really relaxed but since the tick incident, he seems to have gone back a few steps.

He does get on very well with a couple of our dogs and has fun in the garden with them. He seems more confident around them. He and Lady are ok together now too.

Lady & Barney by WOOZLE70, on Flickr
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3