View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Our thoughts to re: car. If it is even beyond him hopefully there won't be any problems getting the money back. We would ask him if he could possibly source another for us estate not sure I would go for another peugeot 407.
Have to wait and see at least I have transport.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2016, 02:27 PM
I think its just that particular car Lynn, I've had Peugeots and so has my youngest son, I know plenty of people with them and they all say how reliable they are, mine certainly were. So I wouldn't write off the make, just draw a line under your experience with the car.
Made a load of Golden Paste for the girls, raining here, so they're all asleep in bed. They started off in the yard, and gradually all went inside as they woke up wet!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Well done to Mark passing his test. his will hopefully give him more scope looking for a job. Also well done to you getting the rat. Hopefully this is the only one. Hopefully the garage will refund or find a good car for you Lynn.

Enjoy yourself at Steve's Griff.

Feel so sorry for your friend June but at least you all know what the cause was.

Hope the shopping trip does not do too much damage to your wallet Gordon

Fingers crossed vet visit went well for Lara.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2016, 02:31 PM
Gorden is on his second peugeot no problems. Seems though the 407's seem to be a nuisance with all the engine management stuff we are finding out on forums etc.,
Thank you Sue.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-09-2016, 07:03 PM
'evening all
Moyra sorry the kitchen fitter is making such a mess of things, there must surely be a drainer one side of the sink or the work top will be ruined within weeks.

June so sad about your freinds dog, at least she has a post mortum result (We never had that with Baruska) and if I remember the place at Newmarket is recognised as one of the best animal hospitals in the country and is well known in the horse racing world which is probably why it's located at Newmarket.

Lynn, good news on Marks test, that's the first step in the long term plan. Pity about the car, I agree with June that usually Peugeots are reliable but maybe one particular model is the exception that proves the rule, sorry it had to be you that found out.

Well Lara passed the vet inspection, the eyelid is no worse and she has some normal drops for the eye, maybe in the future some minor corrective surgery will be required but the vet will obviously see her on a regular basis.

Just been told dinner awaits so have to go, will try to look in latter.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Evening Harvey glad Lara has passed the test and no surgery needed for now.

Austen from the garage rang earlier with an update. Still not running right after replacing a couple of other things so he rang the peugeot dealer in Kings Lynn where he gets his parts to see about hooking it up to the peugeot planet diagnostic machine. Earliest they could do was Oct 6th he was not amused.
So he rang someone in Peterborough drove it over and spoke to them about it put it on the machine and nothing electrical showing up any problems now. Still not driving right though. So now the garage are going to look into the manifold bulletin I think he said. Still coming back to exhaust problems. Now he and the other garage are working on the old school mechanics problems. The manifold bulletin has flaps and they think they could be sticky so they will be cleaned if it runs right they will be replaced and fingers crossed that works. He siad in the old days you would of de-coked the car. Gorden has often said and he agrees with him you would be cleaning your carburettor and plugs and possibly replacing plugs but of course cars now are not the same.
I asked if he kicks the tyres each time he walks round it he said no he is doing a Basil Fawlty and hitting it with a branch. If this doesn't work I am not sure what he will do as everything must of been tried now or it seems like it.
He said every so often you get one that tests your patience and limits and that car is it. He asked if I was doing ok with the Mondeo and I said how grateful I was to have the loan of it. So he will keep us updated.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Lynn, cars with an issue you struggle to resolve are a pain for mechanics...you end up waking up early hours of the morning with ideas of things to try, hopefully they will sort it as it will drive them nuts too
Harvey, pleased to hear Lara doesn't need surgery yet
Hi Sue, hope you are coping with doing the drops if you still have to do them
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-09-2016, 09:31 PM
Hi all, thanks for your thoughts on Lara, she was looking so happy running around this afternoon in the forrest and in the river at Knettishall Heath.

Lynn your car saga is a lesson to me (and probably you too ) I've said it before and I'll say it again, all this electronics stuff just makes for more things to go wrong and as your Gordon has said in the 'old days' you would just clean the plugs, carbureter, and a few other mechanical things and all would be fine.

Now all the talk is about 'driverless cars' well I can't imagine the problems they will have

Started the heating tonight as it is beginning to get nippy outside, have done well on the oil use this summer so thought might as well be comfortable.

LG must be recovering from the 'shock of shopping' syndrone I must say it has lost it's appeal to me as well, too many people wandering around our town centres looking lost and terrified

Bed beckons, see you tomorrow.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2016, 09:48 PM
I would not touch a French built car with a barge pole. Apart from being French I don't like them, terrible styling for one and unreliable for another and poor build quality thrown into the mix.

I prefer japanese cars having owned several and never let me down ,several Toyotas and now a Nissan
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2016, 10:01 PM
I've had Renault and Peugeot and never had a problem at all. Loved my Honda CRV, in the main those are the cars that have stood out for me in respect of reliability. Did have a Mazda and was glad to see the back of it. Adored my Volvo 440 and broke my heart when it was just too old and tired to carry on. Liked the Lucida in the main but it was heavy on diesel, and I am spoiled nowadays with an LPG car fuel costwise, and would always look for one that ran on LPG in future.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3