Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2016, 06:29 AM

Daily Thread Thursday 22nd September

Good morning everyone

Hope we don't clash Moyra

Myra I hope the fitter turns up on time and stays until it is finished. A week to do a kitchen is a long time.

Pleased Lara had the all clear from the vet for the time being Harvey.

Fingers crossed you get a new car Lynn as I think I ould worry about it all happening again especially as they can't find the problem.

Dull and misty as the moment but meant to clear. Off to the hospital this morning for another check up on Barry's eye. Hoping they reduce the drops that are every two hours as I would really like a little more time to myself. I know I shouldn't be selfish but every two hours takes a lot out of the day.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2016, 06:48 AM
Good Morning Sue. nearly dupicated but double checked and found you had posted. Good morning everyone. Steve tiled another long wall last night, it's beginning to take shape at last. I asked him when he hoped to finish he said Friday, fingers crossed he means it. That's presumably if Steve finishes the tiling. He has darts tonight so that means he wont be doing any tiling. I think I shall have to buy one of those drainers you see in the Betterware catalogue.

Harvey, glad Lara is ok for the time being. Lynn it is a shame about your car but it sounds as though he is not going to let it beat him.

June hope Lona is ok and Zen has not been up to her tricks again.

Griff hope you enjoyed your evening with Steve and your hospital appointment goes ok.

Sue and Barry, hope they are pleased with Barry's eye and he can start having the drops less regularly.

Nippy Jen, Brenda and Norma, hope you are all ok.

Have a good day all and please stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2016, 08:05 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra and all who follow.

Sue fingers crossed the drops can be given less after today's check up.
Moyra fingers crossed for the kitchen being finished tomorrow.

Well wonder if there will be any news of my car today and what is going with it if there is. Never had problems with peugeot before Gorden owned a 106 and now a 206 convertible. Luck of the draw I guess.
Sue I am tempted to sell it but may get questioned if I am a car dealer also will worry about another one to replace being a problem too.

Hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2016, 08:18 AM
Been raining here and feels autumnal this morning, sun is out now and very blue sky. Zen had the night off by the looks of it, and only had to skip out, tidy up, sweep up and hose down. I shut the doors again till later, everyone gone back to bed already and I'm sat having my breakfast. Got a delivery today and also the bone run, I'll be fully stocked tonight.
I think you'll find your worktop gets sopping wet if you are thinking of those drainers with a tray underneath, Moyra. I did
that and lived to regret it
Hoping the drops frequency stops or lengthens, Sue. Whatever you are doing, you have to stop and do the drops and by the time you've got where you're going it's time to come back!
Lynn, PX the car at a car dealers, I suspect that's what happened in the first place with it.
Glad to hear Lara's eyes are holding up Harvey, gives you time to save up for the huuuuuge vet bill.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2016, 08:24 AM
All car budget now tied up in this car June so unless I
could do a straight swap which I doubt it's got to be sell on or keep.
Glad Zen decided to take the night off.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2016, 09:35 AM
morning all
had my flu jab...was outside the drs at 7.45am lol was first in the queue..how tragic am i Lol. Of to see my consultant this afternoon, picked up my blood results, disease is still active.
Sue, hope the length between drops increases
Moyra, fingers crossed the kitchen will soon be done
Lynn, hopefully the car will be sorted, if not the chap will have to give you your money back...did you pay for it with a credit card? even part of it? if so you have protection on there and can get the money back
TW, pleased to hear Zen hasn't been chewing
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Bones are ready for me, I'm going to try and get out and back before my food delivery. It'll probably be on the step as I open the door to go out, in which case I'll have to sort it out before I go. Not sure which is best really!
Hoping you're Consultant appt goes well, Griff. Sorry to hear about the bloods, always hope that its better news for you, one day it will be. You are tragic first in the queue for the doctors
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Good news hopefully. Went for eye checkup this morning and they are well pleased. The eye operated on has no infection which they say is uncommon and the pressure is 9 which is average. The other eye may not need an operation and is 12 on their scale of pressure and going down from last time, so at the moment it won't need an operation. Not only that one load of drops now is every 4 hours against every 2 hours and don't have to go back for a month for next check up.

Needless to say at the moment scrap me off the ceiling
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-09-2016, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
gives you time to save up for the huuuuuge vet bill.
Yes, like you we have no insurance, but I found out I can have five instant access savings accounts and have 'named' one of them 'Vet. bills' so although they pay peanuts in interest these days I put money in each month and hopefully when a big bill comes along I can pay it.

Originally Posted by griff View Post
picked up my blood results, disease is still active.
Oh sorry to read that, but there's always a possible change I assume, hope it comes soon.

Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Needless to say at the moment scrap me off the ceiling
Time to get down off that ceiling Barry and help Sue in the garden (Well point to which bit to do next anyway )

Talking of which it's back to the garden and the 'man cave' now to do a bit more while the weather is still good. See you latter
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Harvey, Steve is going to turn his spare bedroom into a man cave...and there was me thinking his whole house was a man cave Lol, he is apparently going to get rid of the bed, get a sofa bed and he wants a new gaming pc?? i have no clue Lol
Tumbleweed, congratulations.
Harvey, they can only keep trying to put the disease into "remission", they have been trying for 4 years now, i will just continue the same as i always do...my liver function is o.k though, so the few pints i have here and there have done me no harm so far...good!!! Lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >