Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
That looks great Pat. The garden sounds nice to, I bet it will be good to have a garden again. Hope Bella comes out soon We're having issues with crow scarers freaking the dogs out. They are so loud at the moment they make the ground shake!
Well my new place is in the Buffer Zone so occasional 'gunshot' noise will be a factor. But I am very close to the Cyp National Guard outpost bordering the salt lake here too so guns is something she has heard before. Nowt's louder than the industrial firecrackers they use for fireworks here in the Tourist Area!

It will be VERY peaceful at night.

Going to take her on that blerdy GRASS that grows all round the property every opportunity until she is convinced that grass is not nasty deadly green stuff that is just waiting to kill you if you walk or pee on it! I've got a photo somewhere I took of her 'skirting round it' when I first took her over there!

Oh this has made me laugh - looking for the pic of her AVOIDING the grass I found this one without her and the tinypic anti spam message to type in was LEAVE ME ALONE!
As I was searching for Garbo dog I just burst out laughing!

This shows some of the patio with the grass at the front but it goes right round the side too all the way along past both bedrooms. Perhaps if I took a huge rug with me and put that down on it? LOL!

As you can see - walled all round with wrought railings on top of the wall apart from right at the entrance which is an open one. I have 'plans in mind' for that but it won't be high season when we move so I will be able to just let her have free rein and see how she goes. There is NO WAY she can get out of the place if she leaves and walks anywhere to the side or past tennis courts and to end or right or left. Only way out onto the actual road is quite a way and through the elec gates which should open and close but, like most here, are left open all the time. My front door is right on the other side of the building and where I park my car and go in and that door will never be left open. But it will be the way I take her in and out every time. Then she won't associate going out the back onto patio and garden with the way 'we go' when we come in and leave.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Ooo I like the close up. Bella will get used to it I'm sure, I did know someone who had to put artificial grass down in their garden because the dog refused to go on grass... I laughed so hard when I found out

Gradual intros have definitely worked here to help with the move. Poor Layla and Malcolm have never move with me before so this is very confusing, they do keep trying to get back in the other garden though!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Here's the grass continuing on round the corner past the bedroms. As you can see no WAY she can get out of there - and a stout tall wall twixt me and the apartment behind. There is also no way she can get out along there even if she walked OUTSIDE the garden. All very secure.

This is where she'll end up if she walks OUTSIDE our garden wall! Dead end Bella - have to turn back. But to be honest she is not a 'wandering dog'

Difficult to explain but walls at side and back are taller than at front. And no rails on wall at front (but is hedging) but few gaps in that hedge but I have huge potteds I can stand in the gaps until I see how she goes. I plonked the old plastic chair down on the patio and sat there for ages with her. I will want to be getting her used to OUR BIT. Walking round the whole place but 'thiswaying' her if she starts to wander into others. Then get her used to the lovely open land on the other side of our road. Then BEFRIEND THE DONKEY!
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Is this more like it Vicky?

If in doubt, follow the fence -

Splash -

Deep water fetch -

Soggy Scooby -

The gate post gave way when I opened the gate I've wedged it up by opening the gate but it just shows what damage the water can do -

Sorry, old habits die hard! Have a photo of Scooby resting

Yep, they will do.
Lovely photos Jen, sure looks like your dogs love having a really big puddle to play in.
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Thanks Tang. I love the little brown spots on her side.
Your new place looks nice, I bet Bella will love having a garden.
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 08:04 PM
This is what Holly does if I take to long picking up her ball. I have hold of the ball thrower, I just wasn't quick enough.

Holly and Liam in Holly's dog bed, the human was in it first.

This morning

Holly with her new football that my sisters boyfriend gave her.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Vicky88 View Post
Thanks Tang. I love the little brown spots on her side.
Your new place looks nice, I bet Bella will love having a garden.
Well I'm rather hoping so but she has of course become accustomed to huge verandah with beds and spotless clean tiles. Grass is very ALIEN to Bella. I'm working on it! Must find that photo of her AVOIDING the grass lol!

Not sure why we have a 'rainbow' in this one but here she is - me trying to pull her gently onto the grass. Bella - well - err NO I will just stick to this solid bit all round the side of the house! And she did!

Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Spring has sprung! And Ella poetically sniffs the flowers (probably because some other dog has already peed on them...)
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Vicky
That pic of Holly with the flinger is INSANE lol!

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Spring has sprung! And Ella poetically sniffs the flowers (probably because some other dog has already peed on them...)
You've managed to ruin the beauty of the moment with that comment! Bella is the one that does the peeing on everything she spots - dead leaf, matchstick, fag packet, old sock - bit of rock - anything. It must all 'be blessed' if discovered on a walk! Wouldn't mind but I can hardly ever see any pee appear - maybe a droplet. But she goes thro the motion!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 12:50 PM
If I were to take a random right now it would be of yet ANOTHER smashed plant pot with dirt all round outside because they are all still huddled on tables away from the painters and now we have a gale blowing. Duh. Have a date with Henry the vac later.

You will probably enjoy this better - yep stupido sticking her nose into a prickly pear bush duh!

Page 102 of 130 « First < 2 52 92 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 112 > Last »