Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 08:21 PM

Would you want to be friends again?

Ok am i just holding a grudge for too long or doing the sensible thing?

On F B a girl i was friends with from 12yrs old to 21years old requested me as a friend....nothing unusual i hear you say.....

This girl, Heather, all the way through High School would join in with people taking the mickey out of me and would then say she was joking, she didnt mean it like everyone else blah blah blah....she was a DIVA! a proper drama queen! Throughout college she did the same, only it turned out (several years later I found out) she had been stopping lads who i liked from dating me etc as she was jealous....

One lad, i spoke to years later, we had stayed friends and it had turned out we had both asked her as a mutual friend to scope out how each other felt about each other and she had told both of us that the other wasnt interested, turned out it was the opposite....she did this so she would go out with him, all through out our later friendship she would "steal" fellas away....either putting me down in front of them or flirting with them outrageously and sleeping with them asap to stop anything happening...

Anyway, other than that she would throw strops at the drop of a hat and frequently would only call if she needed anything.

We finally fell out when my OH's best mate who was her ex brought up stuff that only she could have known, but she had twisted into outright lies .....

I basically called it all off, never contacted her again....

Now 7 years later she has tried adding me saying she has changed etc...

Now I dont like the girl so thats one reason i wont add her, but I also feel that I have moved on a lot, i used to have no confidence around her and she was a real Sh** stirrer and always made me feel crap and i just dont want to go back to feeling that way,

anyway, Am i just being petty and holding a grudge or being sensible???

Thanks

Alex
xx
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 08:26 PM
If she made you feel like crap then, then theres always the chance she could do it again. Maybe if you add her, see how it goes, you can always delete her again if she does go back to how she was?

Hope this is the smallest bit helpful!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 08:27 PM
No way would i let her anywhere near ! Dont give her a third chance
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 08:32 PM
IGNORE the request.....Not only will accepting her request but it will open up friends of friends etc and who knows how many of the old bitchy crew will be there......

I don't think she will add anything to your life, sounds like it will be her loss......
Jfk
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Personally I think grudge aside I couldn't be bothered to go back there again she sounds more hassle than she's worth. She says she's changed but she also said she didn't mean it when she used to tease you and yet she carried on. Doesn't sound very trustworthy to me. Do you really want her having an insight into your current life?
You don't sound petty to me
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 08:36 PM
thanks guys, just wanted to make sure i wasnt being petty!!!

I always said to my hubby, if i was still friends with her, me and OH wouldnt be together as she would find a way of getting between us! I just dont ever want that bitch in my life again....im past it....
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2010, 08:41 PM
def ignore her

You dont need her kind of c**p back in your life
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Nobody needs people like that in their lives! I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of being your 'friend' again. You carry on being happy and leave her to her ways!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Stick to your guns and ignore her, my so called "best friend" I found out was a two faced b**** and the best feeling was using the ignore button on f/b!! Haven't spoken to her since and its like a weight has lifted!!
You have better things going on in your life, like baby Eleanor, anyway!!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Some people are just so evil. Definately one to avoid there, why waste your energy on her by even clicking the "add" button!

I had a similar thing, why on earth people who I hated in school and vise versa were trying to add me?!! I put it down to them just being nosey and wanting to see what I was up to now etc, so I blocked them, haha.
xxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >