Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 03:21 PM

Why are people so hurtful??

Im feeling really down today, as you may know I get married next sat, so im feeling a bit tender and nervous at the minute...

Well one of my bridesmaids (who you may also know I have not been too happy with) Has been constantly talking about her friend 'Kel's' hen do...doesnt mention my wedding, just her hen do...which is really saddening when you have chosen someone to be a bridesmaid on your special day, and they are obviously ignoring it...because they are perhaps jealous? I really dont know?

And secondly, I have handed out evening invites to all of the drivers at work, most have replied, but there are the dd few (whom i see every day) who havent even nothered to say their not coming...

One of these particular men, has just come over and asked when my wedding is, I told him, and his reply was 'thats if he doesnt stand you up' I said 'Im sure he won't' but then he said 'well if I tell him how horrible you are, maybe he will change his mind, i should tell him'

He may have been trying to be funny, but to me that was out of line?? there is no need to come out with a comment like that...!! i think its so rude, I want to cry....

I dont think im a horrible person at all, Il do anything for anyone and this comment was really hurtful xxxxx

Sorry for the rant xxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Aww Anna x try not let silly remarks like that spoil the build up to your special day x

As for your bridesmaid. she may too be getting nervous about the whole affair, sit and have a girlie chat xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Your'e not a horrible person. I think he probably was trying to be funny but men do not realise how emotional we get and especially at times like these.
Remember its your day and don't let anyone else spoil it for you.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks for that, yeah your probably right, she is probably nervous..but she has been like this for a while, so yeah I will be seeing her next friday for a girly day before the wedding, Im just really hurt by this stupid thoughtless mans comments...
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Men always say the "right thing".... at the wrong time
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Men always say the "right thing".... at the wrong time
Yep! I know Im being silly, but I feel like I could cry at anything at the minute, and when people ask me why...I really dont know, I honestly cant put my finger on it! xxx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 04:01 PM
He's Mr Personality Plus, isn't he? What a great oaf.
Ignore him as best you can sweetie, as the others said he probably thought he was being funny... or perhaps he was hoping you'd say if you get stood up you'd come looking for him to stand in...AS IF....

Stressful time getting married.. find your favourite chocolate or tipple and spoil yourself... it will all be fine *hugs*
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Emotions are running riot, worrying about the planning of the big day, perfectly normal xxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 04:38 PM
I think I told you how nerves/excitement would make you more on the defensive and more emotional, and if he had come out with that comment at any other time, you would have probably answered him with some smart a*se reply wouldn't you?! You would you know!!! I thought it was tomorrow you were getting married, so you've got another whole week of feeling like this Anna!????? Awwww, don't take things to heart, nobody means any harm, you aren't a horrible person it's just those pre wedding nerves, you're all jumpy, but make sure you don't jump down that gorgeous o/h's throat before the wedding, otherwise I'm in there ok!!!!!!! Calm down Misses, it's all in your mind, you're just taking it all the wrong way, and we've all been there at times like this, you're getting sooooo worried that it's affecting your normal behaviour that's all, so don't worry, everything's gonna be fine!!! I hope!!!! No, it will honest!!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Anna, try and rise above all this. It's only stressing you out, and you really don't need any more stress at this moment in time.

Hugs honey xxxx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >