View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 04:45 PM

Winter coats...are your dogs getting theirs?

Hi all,

Cassie's been extremely scratty over the last few days. It was so bad during the night it was like trying to sleep through an earthquake. She kept us awake most of the night scratching and panting.
Theirs nothing living in her fur so to speak and we are finding fur balls around the house. Do you think it's just her winter coat coming in? No marks on her skin or anything. Was going to bath her tonight in medicated shampoo to see if it helps any but am waiting til the weekend as I'm too knackered from lack of sleep to wrestle with her tonight.
OH says she hasn't been too bad today, maybe she just had a particularly bad night last night.
Any ideas?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 05:08 PM
mine are still shedding .....
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Zuki has stopped shedding I hope but her coat is still thin, i guess its because it is still warm, even when its raining Baku has his puppy coat, so soft and cuddly its a shame he will have to lose it
Paul G.
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-09-2006, 05:18 PM
My Border Collie is much the same at the moment. Took her to the vet this morning, no sign of any problems but got some flea treatment stuff just in case. Could the weather or the time of year have anything to do with it ? There seems to be a lot of grass seed about. Also I have a huge amount of ants in the garden and she lays about on the grass. The coat looks about normal.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Zuba
Baku has his puppy coat, so soft and cuddly its a shame he will have to lose it
Ha-ha, yeah right! You'll be so excited and proud when it starts coming through, then about a week later you'll be pining for the puppy days!

Wuffles, just give her an extra good brushing this evening. She'll probably appreciate having her coat thoroughly raked through, and you can look out for any redness or foreigners in there and minimise the future fur balls at the same time!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 06:05 PM
My three have stopped now, apart from a few stray clumps from the old'un, Roxy. I'll forgive her.....just
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Thanks everyone. Going to give her a good old brushing tonight and still may bath her on the weekend.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 06:37 PM
I come home from work and find bits of white george spread everywhere! Cassie is just gnawing herself now and again and leaving a big clump behind! I am raking them every night at the moment and getting mountains of it out
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Same here Two of mine are blowing their coats at the moment and it is coming out in handfuls.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 08:08 PM
same here..there's tumbleweed things of hairballs blowing all round the house at the moment!!! Mo keeps losing clumps...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >