Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 08:56 AM

Mamma Mia

I went to see tis last night and loved it.
Ok Laurence Olivier it aint, but, as they say, for the feel good factor, it is just what you need. I chuckled and sang all the way through.

As I was about to set off to see it a neighbour came in and said he had been the night before and couldn't get in, all the seats were booked. I decided to go and chance it.
No problems, just walked in, no queue, nothing, and the cinema was about three quarters empty. Did they know I was coming?!!!
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 09:01 AM
I very rarely go to the cinema but i asked my sister if she would like to watch this with me next week.

Glad you enjoyed it, i have heard its a good film.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Shiba, it is 8 years since I went to the cinema
It is a great film. I'm not particularly an Abba fan, but it is great how they have written a story around the music.
You must go, I know you will enjoy it.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I went to see tis last night and loved it.
Ok Laurence Olivier it aint, but, as they say, for the feel good factor, it is just what you need. I chuckled and sang all the way through.

As I was about to set off to see it a neighbour came in and said he had been the night before and couldn't get in, all the seats were booked. I decided to go and chance it.
No problems, just walked in, no queue, nothing, and the cinema was about three quarters empty. Did they know I was coming?!!!
I'm going with the girls one night next week. Can't wait to see it
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 10:15 AM
A friend has just called to ask me if I would like to go and see this - so on your reco Jen, we will
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 01:44 PM
saw it in london - was brilliant!!

going to see it on my birthday in 2 weeks
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 04:59 PM
As a huge Abba fan I always wanted to go and see Mamma Mia on stage, with Mum, but now Mum is gone it's one of those things I would feel a bit odd doing without her now.

So now it's at the cinema I'm just scared they might mess with the songs too much so won't go, besided wouldn't know who to go with as whilst Charlie and I used to sing along to Honey Honey in the car, now he is 15 he would just die being seen anywhere near Abba.

He forgets I had to save an extra seat for his Winnie the Pooh when we went to see the Tigger Movie!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Saw it on stage in London and it was superb.
They didn't mess with the songs Becky, they sang them at appropriate points in the story.

And we all got to have a "bop" at the end when they performed some songs again, just so everyone could have a dance!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:43 PM
I know you will all enjoy it
Becky they don't "mess" with the songs, ok they can't sing like Abba but tis still good.
Hayley
Dogsey Senior

29-07-2008, 08:01 AM
I went to see it on Saturday and thought it was brilliant!! Totally feel good, cheesy film - I can't remember the last time I laughed and cried at the same time!!

Pierce Brosnan couldn't sing to save his life but I loved him for trying and I thought that Julie Walters was fantastic as ever!!

What a beautiful setting too!

My OH would have hated it as much as I loved it!! )
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >