29-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
That makes two of us
No, three of us x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Lol at you, and you have every reason to be jealous, but it's MINE now!!!! You're all welcome anytime though and that's a promise, but please, not all at once lol!

Now, I spent all bladdy morning with those Marigolds on, the place looked absolutely perfick, just like a real showhome I was very proud of myself and even more proud of Zena coz she just watched me, she left me alone to get on (I swear that dog is psychic!). I even blasted the patio with the hose to clean all the debris off it so all in all, it just couldn't have looked any better, and I was fed up with this cleaning lark, life's far too short!

Went out for yet another hour's walk with Zena whilst the agent brought them round, then when I got back just now, he had left a message for me to phone him. Oh gaaaawd I thought, they don't like it now The first thing he said was that they still loved it, he had left them alone to go around nosing into everything whilst he watched the This Morning programme on the telly, and said all was fine and they wanted to buy my big food centre in the bootroom coz it fits so perfectly in that space out there, and the fridge in the kitchen, but sadly, not my humping great big wardrobe upstairs which we don't need coz the new house has all new fitted ones - typical!

Sooooooo guys and gals, looks like we really WILL be moving and soon! The agent said I'm not to get too excited because the way things are at the moment anything can happen, but a survey doesn't worry me coz everything was renewed when we did upstairs, we had building regs etc. so it won't be a problem I'm sure, so apart from that, what else could go wrong? See, I've still gotta worry then - even if it is over nothing hopefully!

Looks like we really will be settling into the new hacienda then ole!!!! Muchous grathias and all that!!!!
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-02-2012, 01:51 PM
I was going to suggest you had a housewarming party for all Dogsey members but see from your post you don't want a crowd. How many will fit on your balcony then & are you any good at paella?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
I was going to suggest you had a housewarming party for all Dogsey members but see from your post you don't want a crowd. How many will fit on your balcony then & are you any good at paella?
Lol, dunno about the paella, but I pour a mean G & T with ice and lemon lol! I suppose we can get about 10 on the balcony seated, and standing room only for the other 10!!! Better still though, we'll all go into the woods where there's a massive barbie for everyone to use, then we can really party - dress code Flamenco of course!!!!

Oh I'm sooooooo excited, the sun is shining and everyfink!!! My friends are not so pleased though but they can come visit, especially as Dave will be doing a 4 day week for 6 months, and I'll have the place to myself with Zena for 3 days a week, they can stop over!
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Oh H I'm absolutely thrilled for you....so pleased it all came together. Your new home looks beautiful and sounds as if it is in a perfect location. I am certain you will all be sooo happy there. Perfick lol
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-02-2012, 02:57 PM
OLA helena, i'm so pleased and happy for you.
Its a great villa, are you going to have a fancy name for it instead of a comman house number.?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Went out for yet another hour's walk with Zena whilst the agent brought them round, then when I got back just now, he had left a message for me to phone him. Oh gaaaawd I thought, they don't like it now The first thing he said was that they still loved it, he had left them alone to go around nosing into everything whilst he watched the This Morning programme on the telly, and said all was fine and they wanted to buy my big food centre in the bootroom coz it fits so perfectly in that space out there, and the fridge in the kitchen, but sadly, not my humping great big wardrobe upstairs which we don't need coz the new house has all new fitted ones - typical!

Sooooooo guys and gals, looks like we really WILL be moving and soon! The agent said I'm not to get too excited because the way things are at the moment anything can happen, but a survey doesn't worry me coz everything was renewed when we did upstairs, we had building regs etc. so it won't be a problem I'm sure, so apart from that, what else could go wrong? See, I've still gotta worry then - even if it is over nothing hopefully!
Brilliant!!!! I bet you're so relieved.

You'll worry right the way up to your move into your new house. Then you can relax

Seriously, it's just such a stressful business from start to finish. You get a buyer and think the worry is over and yet it's only the start, but with all the finger crossing and lucky vibes you have coming your way, surely things will go brilliantly for you

Have you been given any timescales yet from the solicitors? Add a couple of weeks on to what they say and you'll not be too far out
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Oh H I'm absolutely thrilled for you....so pleased it all came together. Your new home looks beautiful and sounds as if it is in a perfect location. I am certain you will all be sooo happy there. Perfick lol
Not half as thrilled as I am Gill, but thanks! The estate agent has already convinced me that it really is the perfect location for what we've been searching for, i.e. peace and quiet and lots of dogwalking for Zena!When I think of all the years I've put up with all this bladdy noise around me with the neighbours and that pub, I don't mind telling you I'll be glad to see the back of this village!! Hasta Luago mate!!!

Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
OLA helena, i'm so pleased and happy for you.
Its a great villa, are you going to have a fancy name for it instead of a comman house number.?
Thanks lynn, and yes, I'm desperately seeking a new name for the place, don't know whether to take that Spanish route or something connected to my dear old mum, coz afterall, I DO believe she not only found it for me, but she's secured it! We would never in a million years have bought in this area until she made me buy that static the day I was driving home from Sainsbury's and it just shot into my mind that I was going to buy a static caravan to rent it out Where did that come from I thought to myself, but I did it, purely because of the way it entered my head!!! You may laugh, but I'm actually serious, it could be our only source of income in the coming years!!!

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Brilliant!!!! I bet you're so relieved.

You'll worry right the way up to your move into your new house. Then you can relax

Seriously, it's just such a stressful business from start to finish. You get a buyer and think the worry is over and yet it's only the start, but with all the finger crossing and lucky vibes you have coming your way, surely things will go brilliantly for you

Have you been given any timescales yet from the solicitors? Add a couple of weeks on to what they say and you'll not be too far out
Thanks Chris, and not only have I not had any timescales from the solicitor, I haven't had much of anything, so is this normal??? I've sent her no less than 3 e-mails, one phone call yesterday morning informing her of our offer we submitted and asking for a breakdown of disbursements for a purchase so that I can play around with our own figures, and then another one today, and still nothing!!! I'm seriously thinking of changing over to the lovely solicitor who took the trouble to ring me last Friday evening from his own after I had told his secretary that we were using someone else!! Can you dothat I wonder, change at this stage of the proceedings? I've a bladdy good mind to, and in fact, if she doesn't give me some sort of contact by tomorrow I think I just WILL! I'm quite angry about it to be honest! Is this normal with them then???
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Solicitors are a pain in the backside. I think every one I've ever dealt with has been glad to see the back of me because I've literally pestered their lives out.

The last one we had was for my youngest who was buying a house that had been repossessed so we had four weeks to get completion. I was literally on the 'phone to her at least twice a day and following every call up with an email to confirm the conversation. We just got it through on the deadline, but it was bloody hard work.

You really have to break every question down, asking them one at a time and in a language that even a five year old couldn't confuse.

The first thing you should get through is a request for money for the searches. If you ask time-scales they will tell you it depends on when these come back, but they should be able to give you a rough idea. With my son's house we had to fast-track everything and it cost a bomb to get it all sorted so quickly. With our own house and my oldest son's flat, we were cash buying and it took 8 weeks for ours, 9 for our son's so my guess is that you'll be looking along the same lines if everything goes smoothly. Solicitors often tell you 6 weeks (which is why I said add on the two weeks or so)

Keep on badgering them. Act dumb and tell them you need everything put simply so you can understand what they are talking about because they love to talk technical if they don't have an answer

Estate agents can be very useful. If you get to the point (as I did) where you are literally tearing your hair out because answers aren't forthcoming, they can often get those answers from the solicitors more quickly than you can yourself.

The whole process is a pain in the backside, but so worth it when you finally get to move
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 06:13 PM
am getting excited for you! Any room on your drive for my caravan!!
Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »