View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 02:38 PM
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! So very pleased and happy for you!!!!

You so deserve it mate!!!!!

Will maybe have a ride out on the bike and come and see you in the summer!!!!

Now all you have to do is the dreaded packing..... and you will wonder where the hell you are gonna put it all

Just dont forget the most important bit of packing....Zena's ballie xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
SOLD!!! To the lady with the new haircut lol! It's OURS now Well, it will be, when they hand over the cash for this place and I just can't wait to get in there!!! Had to go to the £250K in the end coz they had 2 more viewers this afternoon and I just couldn't let that happen!!!

An absolute steal of a house, and now we're broke again, but at least we won't have a mortgage hanging round our necks, but I'll have to wait for me new kitchen and bathroom, but that's ok, Dave can work wonders with those hands when he puts his mind to it, so I'll be buying the kitchen in bits! We can't even change the doors coz it's the old imperial not metric and you just can't get new imperial doors, shame!

I was chatting to the agent, who said he used to go cross country running in those woods, and he said I will be gobsmacked at how stunning they are in the Springtime all the bluebells, the lakes, the stream running all the way down them, lots of big fields to chuck Zena's ball for her, and he said if I pour him a g & t on that balcony of an evening, then he'll take me around them with his little cocker spaniel, I will be in absolute bladdy heaven, and the gate to this paradise is right opposite my front door, or near enough!!!

I'm a tad excited now can yer tell!!!! Poor Dave, I've stuck 2 1/2 hours travelling time on his work pressure now, but he said he can do that for 6 months until it's all sold up, plus he will do a 4 day week, so all in all, it's the best thing we've done yet!

Oh Lordy, better get packing now hadn't I!!!
Fantastic news, I'm so pleased for you H xxx

Now, those kitchen doors will be do-able, ours weren't normal sizes and we went to this company who made them specially for us, our kitchen doors and drawers cost around £600 so very reasonable too. This is the link http://www.kitchendoorworkshop.co.uk/contact.html , it might be worth taking a look and bearing them in mind for the future. Excellent service, answered all our questions and the doors are really well made
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Aitch!

Firstly, many congratulations......

Secondly, can you give me the link to the one you've bought?

x0x
Lol Vicki, now I know I have a habit of changing me mind a lot, but on this one, it's still the same one, but NOW, it has a lovely big red SOLD on it!!!! At least it confirms it's now sort of ours!!!!

Here she is, she's absolutely boootiful and I do like boootiful houses!
http://www.freemanforman.co.uk/buy/p...0-ref-1500988/

I shall be diggin out me flamenco skirt and getting the old castinets (sp?) a clacking on that balcony lol!

Thanks everyone, and yes Elaine, do that, I can always put a summer house (shed) out in the garden for ya's coz this place only has 2 bedrooms I'm afraid, unless you wanna bunk in with Dave??? Nah, he snores!!!!

Thanks for that link Sheree, I'll take a look, coz the actual units are mint, like brand new, it seems a shame to rip it all out, but the doors are beyond naff!

Thanks Lynn, Chris and Lucky, I'm going to enjoy my new life I think, roaming those woods! There's even a massive, big brickbuilt barbie in there which anyone can use apparently! It's a 140 acre private estate, but we're allowed access to it, but no fishing, and who wants to fish anyway? Oh yeah, dave might!!!!

ETA: Sorry Vicki, they've now taken it off the website, which according to my estate agents means they are happy with me, so don't need to keep it on there even with that sold on it now! Oh jeeeesussss I do hope our buyers still love ours tomorrow when they come!!!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 03:33 PM
So thrilled to hear it's all gone to plan and everything slotted nicely into place. Nothing like it when a plan comes together is there? Beautiful bungalow, stunning countryside what more could a girl want eh? Hope you have a relatively stress free life from now on, the pair of you. Gillx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Congratulations Helena, you've done it, I'm really quite envious 'cos that floor plan looked just like my ideal bungalow, I've had to turn my attention to something else now because in the area I was looking there was nothing like that.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
it seems a shame to rip it all out, but the doors are beyond naff!
Sheree is right, there is no problem getting doors made to suit the rest of the kitchen or anywhere else for that matter. They may have been made to imperial dimensions but a door is a door is a door and what ever the size it is the same in imperial or metric.

If you have any probs with that link that Sheree put up then I might be able to find some for you as well but I doubt you will 'cos it's not a big deal and anyway that link looks like a firm who do custome doors all the time so you should be OK.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
So thrilled to hear it's all gone to plan and everything slotted nicely into place. Nothing like it when a plan comes together is there? Beautiful bungalow, stunning countryside what more could a girl want eh? Hope you have a relatively stress free life from now on, the pair of you. Gillx
Thanks Gill, bout time isn't it!

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Congratulations Helena, you've done it, I'm really quite envious 'cos that floor plan looked just like my ideal bungalow, I've had to turn my attention to something else now because in the area I was looking there was nothing like that.

Sheree is right, there is no problem getting doors made to suit the rest of the kitchen or anywhere else for that matter. They may have been made to imperial dimensions but a door is a door is a door and what ever the size it is the same in imperial or metric.

If you have any probs with that link that Sheree put up then I might be able to find some for you as well but I doubt you will 'cos it's not a big deal and anyway that link looks like a firm who do custome doors all the time so you should be OK.
Thanks H, I thought it might be right up your street as well, it seems to have everything doesn't it. She's going to leave me ALL the furniture as well, coz I said I liked her white sofa white? Zena? I'm trying to sell this huge brown leather one but so far no takers, and we want 2 new comfy recliners for in front of the telly that at last, Dave is going to finally fix to the wall!!! Dave wants the single bed in his new small bedroom coz he said it's an electric one and it's like brand new, so I'm going to confirm that will be left too. All in all, this extra £5K is at least going to give us something then!

I've just checked out that link H, and how strange is that, that Maresfield is about 20 mins up the road! Nice and handy then, I can go there in person and pester the life out of them with my measurements!

We'll be making ourselves at home in it first before we decide exactly how we want this kitchen, because I have the idea of removing the window to the garden over the sink and sticking in a pair of french doors there, so it will have a patio area next to the conservatory. I have a nice blind HERE that is fixed to the outside wall over the decking, and if my buyers haven't noticed that yet, it'll be coming with me lol! Then, in the kitchen where the hatch to the dining area is (I know I know, sooooo 80's isn't it!!!) we can block that off and fit units above and below, OR, we can actually open it all up, and block off the door from the hallway into the kitchen, but we need to get a "feel" of the place before we start any of that.

Hark at me here, I'm already living in it and we haven't even bought it yet! You will have to come and visit me now H, just so I can make you envious!!!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Congrats Helena - the house looks lush, and the views look amazing, I'm sure you'll be very happy there
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 06:01 PM
I just knew it would work out!

And OMG just had a look, such a BARGAIN IMHO.
Well done helena!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-02-2012, 06:05 PM
YAAAAAAAYYYY !!!!!!!!

Just got the power back after a very long outtage and saw your news!!!!!!!

Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Really chuffed for you
Isn't it funny how things seem to take forever then suddenly it all happens so quickly and then it works out for you almost overnight
Page 11 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »