View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 02:52 PM
My main point was that many, many health tested dogs live NO longer and in the end are NO healthier than non health tested dogs.

In the end, all I was saying is that if she really wants a Puggle, then by all means she should get one... instead of listening to people who are trying to convince her to get another type of dog.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
My main point was that many, many health tested dogs live NO longer and in the end are NO healthier than non health tested dogs.

In the end, all I was saying is that if she really wants a Puggle, then by all means she should get one... instead of listening to people who are trying to convince her to get another type of dog.

Well to be fair different breeds have different life expectancies and who knows what to expect with a mutt but are you really advocating she spend £1200 on a pup with no health testing when she could get the same breed ( whatever she chooses )for the same amount but where both parents and previous generations have been fully tested for the same amount. To me that sounds like madness.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 04:21 PM
I agree Trouble.
Plus the £1200 would have gone into the pockets of a mass breeder, which in my opinion is unethical. I would rather spend the same amount of money for a family bred dog where I know that the amount of energy they put into the litter is reflected in the price. To me, breeding should not bring you such a profit that you can start doing it on an industrial scale. That's exploiting the individual souls who then probably end up in rescues. Why not just look in rescues at the first instance..
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 09:16 PM
I never said she should buy from these people. I also never said she should spend $1200 on one. I'm just saying that if she wants a Puggle, then she should get one. Not a Beagle, not a Pug... she should get the dog breed she wants.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

08-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Well we're not talking dollars we're talking pounds so considerably more than $1200, and the OP wasn't offended by the suggestion of a Pug so I can't see why anyone else should be tbh. No doubt she'll buy whatever she wants in the end but I fail to see the problem of pointing out the pitfalls of any potential purchase.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

08-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Myra, £1,200 is $1,970
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Right... I mean GBP, but I don't have the sign for it on my keyboard, of course. BTW, I wasn't offended by the suggestion. The OP hasn't been back since all this flack started, so i'm not even going to bother commenting anymore.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

08-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Right... I mean GBP, but I don't have the sign for it on my keyboard, of course. BTW, I wasn't offended by the suggestion. The OP hasn't been back since all this flack started, so i'm not even going to bother commenting anymore.
I do not have the GBP sign either but get it by Alt+0163 [£] and use

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

to convert currencies.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Actually they were back at 9.09 today
Belle472
New Member!
Female 

09-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Yes, I have been back! Didn't expect so many responses so am just trying to make sense of it all. Thanks to everyone
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5