Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-03-2007, 08:40 AM

search and bark

Had a burglar visiting last night and he encountered my trained dog inhouse. I heard something and desided to send my dog to do a search and bark. He found the burglar and barked. result:

One burglar who sh** his pants (literaly) How would you be if a mad dog started to bark only inches from your manhood.
Same burglar apprehanded by the police
Police who told me, with the burglar present, that due to the fact that it was in house and at night i shouldn't have been so polite and he would have prefered that i had sent in my dog to bite

I love my Malinois

ps this was a coordinated raid of the whole street by the burglars. Of the 40 houses 32 were visited.
Greetings

Johan
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 10:50 AM
So glad this worked for you!

I'd never dare send my dogs to do a search and bark (I wouldn't have to because one of them hears everything before me anyway and barks at it anyway) I'd be too afraid that the burglar would try to shut the dog up and hurt either of them.

I do worry that if someone was to break in, because T doesn't shut up, they'd hurt her to make her quiet... hopefully the barking before they entered the house would be enough to stop them (especially as she sounds HUGE!)
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Well done Johan - you've obviously trained your dog to very high standards.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
It must be so frightening to know that intrudfers are in your house. How brave of you to go into action anad send the dog on search and bark. Many years ago, we lost our wee poodle because she attacked an intruder in our garden and he kicked her to death.
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
A credit to your training Johan.

What a super dog. Can you tell us his name.....a photo perhaps?
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by maebme View Post
It must be so frightening to know that intrudfers are in your house. How brave of you to go into action anad send the dog on search and bark. Many years ago, we lost our wee poodle because she attacked an intruder in our garden and he kicked her to death.
The dog is the first line of defence. His search and bark is verry impressive. and he needs only a little "encouragement" to go into a full blown attack. If a burglar would use violence towards the dog he would be attacked for sure and knowing my dogs habbit of going for the knees he would surely inflict major damage. Something i prefer to avoid. But if i have the choise between putting myself in harms way or my dog i send my dog knowing that he will do a better job than i and for the off chance that the burglar would attack the dog the backup dog was also ready to go. One man against 2 dogs is no match. My dogs are called Coby and Falco. Coby being fully trained in NVBK (policedogtraining at a level higher than the level off policehandlers) and Falco is has another 2 years to go befor he completes his training.

Greetings

Johan
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 11:33 AM
You must be very pleased at what happened, my two would just bark and raise the alarm. I bet the site of a malinois barking at your bits would be enough for anyone to sh*t themselves !
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Where do you live Johan?

I don't want to pee on your bonfire, I'm really impressed that your dogs are trained, but I'm pretty sure that here, one could be sued and the dogs destroyed for such an attack - even though the burglar was in your house. Don't get me wrong, I think they deserve a severe attack to the knees for being in someone's house, but one man succesfully sued an old lady because he jumped out of her window during a robbery and fell through the greenhouse roof!
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Where do you live Johan?

I don't want to pee on your bonfire, I'm really impressed that your dogs are trained, but I'm pretty sure that here, one could be sued and the dogs destroyed for such an attack - even though the burglar was in your house. Don't get me wrong, I think they deserve a severe attack to the knees for being in someone's house, but one man succesfully sued an old lady because he jumped out of her window during a robbery and fell through the greenhouse roof!
I'm from Belgium and if you happen to run into a burglar in your home after dark the law will take this in account and will start from the principle that the intruder forms a reasonable treath to your life so you have the right to defend yourself. This includes shooting him in the chest (not in the back) and a trained dog is seen by the law as being a weapon. I personaly prefer the way it happend last night. No harm done only to the burglars pride.

Greetings

Johan

PS next time i'll send my wife. She won't bark...
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Johan -

That's much better than here!
You can be sued here if a burglar hurts themselves whilst on your property!
Absolutely ridiculous!

In that case, I'm not as worried, you see I refuse to train my dogs to guard in case they do hurt an intrudor and are destroyed for it, as they would be here.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >