Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2008, 09:39 AM

update on metz, not good news

where do i start really, as some of you know metz torn a tendon in her front leg, she was recovering well from that. she then had to have an op on her kneck to remove a cyst.
yesterday we had to rush her to the vets as her back leg was semi lame and foot kept buckling. the vet had asked about her urinating, which has been poor just recently. after the vet examined her she told us its either arthritis of her spine or disc trouble. gave her steriod injection with the hope that it would settle back down. this morning she is even worse, she cant stand up herself without being in pain and it hurts her for us to lift her. unfortunaltly the damage to her front leg did not help as she cant compensate for her back leg.
we thought she wasnt going to come home last night, but we know its a matter of time now and its heart breaking. we dont want her to suffer as she has been through the mill these past two years. just didnt think it would be this soon. she does have a large cyst on her back above the lame back leg, going to ask the vet if that could be some of the reason as maybe its resting on a nerve, possibly the reason why she has no feeling in it. i know im probably just looking for other reasons, but we cant give up on her just yet.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 10:27 AM
So sorry to hear your news, sorry I'm not being much help, but hugs and healing vibes being sent from us here. God Bless.
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2008, 10:39 AM
thanks she is 10 times worse today, its not going to get better. just trying to make her comfy. she is at vets on monday for her dressing if its no better i think we will have to make that heartbreaking decission. she cant get up nor walk.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Oh metz I am so sorry, what an awful thing you are going through.
I can't offer any advice, jus to let you know I am thinking of you.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 10:52 AM
I am so sorry to hear this, poor girl, it doesn't sound too good does it? I really hope something can be done for her, bless her. You can only do what is best for her. Sending healing vibes and thinking of you.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by metz View Post
thanks she is 10 times worse today, its not going to get better. just trying to make her comfy. she is at vets on monday for her dressing if its no better i think we will have to make that heartbreaking decission. she cant get up nor walk.
Oh! Metz, I really feel for you and her, wish we were closer hun. But you will make the right decision I know. Enjoy the weekend babe, and my love to youxxxxx
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:01 AM
thanks for your comments, my OH is devasted ive only known metz for 6 years but OH has had her since a pup. i will update you on whats happening to her.
thanks again
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:04 AM
oh hun.....i dont know what to say apart from all the best vibes are going to you and metz,

And massive hugs for you all...
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Im so sorry to hear she is not well... How old is Metz? xxxxx
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by flowisp View Post
Im so sorry to hear she is not well... How old is Metz? xxxxx
she is 11 now!