Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jess2107
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2012, 04:02 PM

Offal? can it be minced up?

Hiya, Started Eva on a bag of prize choice chicken mince on saturday, she LOVES it! So today I got her the tripe, She wolfed down this too, but by god it stinks! YUK.
Im wanting to get her other varietys of stuff too like poultry necks + wings to try so going to see my farrier on wed/thurs when he cuts my ponys feet as his dad is a butcher, was also going to ask him about the organs too.. Iv tried Eva twice on liver before but she turned her nose up at it, I even fryed it, still no luck. Can it all just be minced up together, like a mixed variety of everything, can it even be minced at all? dont want to just go and ask him and sound stupid lol, thanks
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 04:08 PM
I get my dogs RAW from Raw2Paw or Landywoods, R2P sell minced beef with offal, you can see the chunks of heart/kidney/liver etc minced in with the beef, my dogs love it.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Yep, a lot of people mince up liver and hide it in mince to get their dogs to eat it.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 04:11 PM
yes you can
at times my two turn their noses up at fish to I bung mince offal fish and eggs into the food processor and freeze up stinky slop - the dogs love it
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Pereg adores raw liver. And cooked liver. Which bugs me when I cook some for myself as she is always convinced that liver is hers and hers alone!

I cannot get tripe so have no idea how it smells...
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I cannot get tripe so have no idea how it smells...
It smells like horse poo!
Jess2107
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Thanks everyone

Originally Posted by CuteRotts View Post
It smells like horse poo!
Oh god, it smells worse, I can tolerate horse poo with having horses myself, but this stuff, GEEES it knocked me sick, had to put it in an airtight container to defrost then when I gave it her, I had to hold my breath and wash the tub straight away!! But, she loved it! she was trying to mug me for it when I was weighing it out lol x
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 06:07 PM
It's FAR worse than horse poo!! My boys love it, but God Almighty does it make their breath smell!!

Tai in particular likes to come in the middle of the night to my side of the bed for cuddles - he stands there puffing in my face until I respond ... nice!!

The very WORST thing is when I don't immediately wake up, so he LICKS my face to arouse me ... that is just GROSS!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Jess2107 View Post
Thanks everyone

Oh god, it smells worse, I can tolerate horse poo with having horses myself, but this stuff, GEEES it knocked me sick, had to put it in an airtight container to defrost then when I gave it her, I had to hold my breath and wash the tub straight away!! But, she loved it! she was trying to mug me for it when I was weighing it out lol x
Don't want to lecture, but make sure that if at all possible you wash the tub in the dishwasher - or if you don't have one, wash separately in HOT water and do not use any dishcloths or sponges that you might use on your human dishes.
Jess2107
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Don't want to lecture, but make sure that if at all possible you wash the tub in the dishwasher - or if you don't have one, wash separately in HOT water and do not use any dishcloths or sponges that you might use on your human dishes.
Dont worry all the doggy things get washed seperatly in hot water + washing up liquid and they have their own doggy dishcloth my dad would go bonkers if I used our stuff, even for their water dishes! x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >