View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes and vibes sent for Fluke. After a very thorough examination the neurologist says it is not his brain cyst causing this as,a) he would have deteriated gradually and b) it would effect all his limbs not just the back legs so that was good news. The problem is in his lower spine and it could be as simple that he has leaped around excited and twisted his spine which apparantly goes into shock. I have never heard of this but it is quite feasable, as a special needs boy he is uncontrolable when any-one comes to the house or I take him for a walk. If this is the case(fingers crossed) I will see improvement in a couple of days. If there is no improvement by Monday I have to take him back for another brain scan and a spinal scan as it could be a number of things that I don't even want to think about right now . I am feeling a lot happier today though as I am convinced it is a temporary injury so a quiet few days for us, strictly no visitors. Oh, and a year down the line he was pleasantly suprised he was still here not quite sure if thats good or bad but he obviously doesn't know what a fighter my boy is.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Phew! Thank heavens for that.

Just to help put your mind at rest a little further, my hairdresser's dog fell off the parcel shelf of her car onto the back seat (don't ask!!) and was paralysed for three weeks. He then slowly recovered the use of his legs over the next two weeks and was right as rain after that.

Fingers crossed the same happens with Fluke x
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Phew! Thank heavens for that.

Just to help put your mind at rest a little further, my hairdresser's dog fell off the parcel shelf of her car onto the back seat (don't ask!!) and was paralysed for three weeks. He then slowly recovered the use of his legs over the next two weeks and was right as rain after that.

Fingers crossed the same happens with Fluke x
Thanks for that,it has made me feel even better. He is in no pain, is quite happy on my knee watching the television and I am feeling very positive at the moment.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Fingers crossed it is an injury I know how mad Dillon goes even with a bad leg it is so hard to keep them under control sometimes.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 08:29 PM
That is certainly a more hopeful diagnosis Everything crossed that he improves over the next few days.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3