Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I was right to be worried - she has kennel cough.
Hope she's over it soon and that it doesn't spread.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Oh heck. Keeping fingers crossed that everything will be OK.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Sorry to hear it's kennel cough. Fingers crossed for all xx
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Sorry to hear about this.

I do get very worried if Parker or Izzy start sneezing but this is because of what happened with Cherry.

When she started sneezing violently she got treated for kennel cough but didn't get better and it turned out to be something called nasal aspergilliosis that had spread to her brain

I hope your dog makes a speedy recovery.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Tai has always done this "reverse sneezing". Never produces any mucous, gets over it as quickly as it started.

I'm off to google nasal aspergilliosis - sounds nasty
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh blast, I was reading the thread and was concerned about the phlegm - never thought it might be kennel cough though as the phlegm brought up then is usually white.

What a worry with the pups, I do hope that they will be okay. What does the vet say about protecting them?
Vet said to weigh the pups every day and watch for signs of illness etc. Rogue needs to be kept away of course, so she's gone to stay with my partner's auntie for a few days. I just have to be vigilant.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Vet said to weigh the pups every day and watch for signs of illness etc. Rogue needs to be kept away of course, so she's gone to stay with my partner's auntie for a few days. I just have to be vigilant.
You poor thing, I do hope that all danger to the pups soon passes and that they are fine. Rogue will of course be uncomfortable for a while, but should recover quickly. Fingers still firmly crossed for those pups.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Dogs who persistently reverse sneeze everyday and quite violently may have an underlying condition so it shouldn't be taken as lightly as often people do.
I had two CKCS who uysed to do it a lot everyday. One started aged 3years and one aged 6 years.
After pesisting with my vet this just wasn't normal it was found that they had ulcers down their throats caused by an auto immune disease. One of my dogs even had his tonsils removed which was covered in the ulscers to try and stop it. But unfortunatly it attacks soft tissue and it spread further and further down the throat to the stomach. They were sadly put to sleep aged 4 year and 7 years. This didn't happen at the same time. I lost the youngest first and 1 year later the other one went the same way, we battled for a year to save her too.
My greyhound Lily sometimes reverse sneezes. Hers started after her booster jab. (may or may not be connected) I am not worried by hers though at the moment as its no excessive, but I like to be aware if it increased and she was getting distressed by it.
Sorry to hear your girls is caused by kennel cough and I hope the pups are ok.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 07:55 AM
What a worry for you Hopefully your dog will make a speedy recovery. Hopefully the pups will still have lots of antibodies passed on from their mum to keep them healthy.
Hope the worry is over soon.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Marius and Lola both sometimes do this - Marius more than her. I remember the first time he did it I was terrified for him, I thought he was choking on something.

It doesn't happen lots, but when it does I still find it distressing
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >