View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2009, 01:52 PM
The arrangements sound wonderful, you have chosen very moving and meaningful pieces. Im sure she would have loved it. Got a lump in my throat as I can imagine how beautiful it will be. Keep smiling. take care
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Bless you H.
xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Just wanted to say H that all the music and songs are wonderful and FWIW very much to my taste too, I'm sure it'll be a sad day but one which your Mum would thoroughly approve of.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2009, 03:41 PM
The music and arrangements you have made sound beautiful, it will be a sad but lovely day for you. You are in my thoughts at the moment, but especially when Tuesday comes around. Big hugs ((((((xxxxx)))))
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by BigBearsRule View Post
The arrangements sound wonderful, you have chosen very moving and meaningful pieces. Im sure she would have loved it. Got a lump in my throat as I can imagine how beautiful it will be. Keep smiling. take care
Thanks Debs, I have myself, but next Tuesday it will be more than just a lump in my throat, with that great big hole in my heart to go with it xxxxx I'll smile before I go though, when I ask mum if she's ready for this!

Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
Bless you H.
xx
Thanks Jo.xxxxx

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Just wanted to say H that all the music and songs are wonderful and FWIW very much to my taste too, I'm sure it'll be a sad day but one which your Mum would thoroughly approve of.
Oh I do hope so H, I've always done my best by her, I know what she liked and what she didn't, and I've already attended 2 funerals with this lovely Father John, and he really does make it quite upbeat for us all, which will help me no end (I hope!). Thanks H.xxxx Sorry I didn't get around to replying to your lovely e-mail, the thought was so kind of you, but only to be expected from someone as caring as you are H.xxxxx

Had a really good cry this afternoon, I couldn't sleep, too many memories and she's not here anymore to share them with and laugh about like we used to do so many times. I miss her so already. I've dug out some jewellery for her,not expensive or anything, but just things that were very special to her, a string of pearls, a ring her Polish friend bought her in Poland not so long ago, that kind of thing, I'd like to send it all with her. Just me again though
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Nothing wrong with crying H, you don't have to be strong 24/7 you've lost someone who was soooo important in your life! The pride that your mum had in you will stay with you forever, the photo I have next to my bed is one of me and mum taken by the local paper where I went to school hugging and crying on my GCSE results day, we were very very happily surprised by my results and it was just a moment that a photographer captured for a story, but he will never know what that picture means to me!

You're doing so well, lovely that you're able to have so many wonderful memories of a fantastic relationship together, something that you will always be able to treasure xxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Helena you are being incredibly brave, there are so many things to do, not all pleasant and many heart breaking.

You are in my thoughts and I hope all goes well next week.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
The music and arrangements you have made sound beautiful, it will be a sad but lovely day for you. You are in my thoughts at the moment, but especially when Tuesday comes around. Big hugs ((((((xxxxx)))))
Thanks June, I hope the day goes well too.xxxx

Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Nothing wrong with crying H, you don't have to be strong 24/7 you've lost someone who was soooo important in your life! The pride that your mum had in you will stay with you forever, the photo I have next to my bed is one of me and mum taken by the local paper where I went to school hugging and crying on my GCSE results day, we were very very happily surprised by my results and it was just a moment that a photographer captured for a story, but he will never know what that picture means to me!

You're doing so well, lovely that you're able to have so many wonderful memories of a fantastic relationship together, something that you will always be able to treasure xxxxx
Ah, a captured moment like that Lorna doesn't happen often does it, you must treasure that photo you have by your bed.xxxx

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Helena you are being incredibly brave, there are so many things to do, not all pleasant and many heart breaking.

You are in my thoughts and I hope all goes well next week.
Thanks Jen, one minute I'm strong, then for no reason off I go again, and it's a deep hurt, so very, very deep,deeper than anything I have ever known, I'm wondering if I can be strong enough to cope, but I'm doing ok for now, thanks Jen.xxxx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Jen, one minute I'm strong, then for no reason off I go again, and it's a deep hurt, so very, very deep,deeper than anything I have ever known, I'm wondering if I can be strong enough to cope, but I'm doing ok for now, thanks Jen.xxxx
Oh H - you will cope my love. No-one is saying it is going to be easy, but you will get through. Just wish they would invent a pill that you took that got you through this horrid, horrid time and took that awful pain away. Can't describe that pain - it hits you in the chest as soon as you wake - eh. I know the one, this is such a sad time of year for me, just coming up to 4 years since I lost my darling Dad (also happened just before my birthday) so I do know how you are feeling.
I have his glasses by my bed by me all the time - I brought them away from the hospital on the night he died and now they stay with me always.
The funeral was lovely - he would have so enjoyed it - all his old friends and army friends, British Legion guard and the last post. So beautiful - but I so did not want to be there ... If you know what I mean.
You must do what is right for you over the next weeks and months - and that way you will get through it.
Take care and if you need to cry, then you must cry. I used to feel so silly crying all the time for months and months, but then I thought - he was an amazing man and Dad and if he didn't deserve my tears then what did...
xxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
Oh H - you will cope my love. No-one is saying it is going to be easy, but you will get through. Just wish they would invent a pill that you took that got you through this horrid, horrid time and took that awful pain away. Can't describe that pain - it hits you in the chest as soon as you wake - eh. I know the one, this is such a sad time of year for me, just coming up to 4 years since I lost my darling Dad (also happened just before my birthday) so I do know how you are feeling.
I have his glasses by my bed by me all the time - I brought them away from the hospital on the night he died and now they stay with me always.
The funeral was lovely - he would have so enjoyed it - all his old friends and army friends, British Legion guard and the last post. So beautiful - but I so did not want to be there ... If you know what I mean.
You must do what is right for you over the next weeks and months - and that way you will get through it.
Take care and if you need to cry, then you must cry. I used to feel so silly crying all the time for months and months, but then I thought - he was an amazing man and Dad and if he didn't deserve my tears then what did...
xxxx
Just nipped in to say...what a wonderful post it was the same when I lost my dear old dad 4 years ago too! and I have his glasses by me bed too!! the pain is awful it's a physical pain/ache but you get through it and although it does get easier it never goes away Helen.
Your not on your own.. only the other end of the phone.
thinking of you all the time
Elaine xxxxx
Page 11 of 27 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »