Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
OK---so Jackbox---and others feel that the PF dogs DESERVE a good home but shouldn't get one because they happen to have ended up in a crap place to start with and that no rescue should be taking them on?
Did I say that

You really can't be on the fence here---at least Azz eventually came out and said he didn't think they should have the chance.

rune
Did he
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2012, 11:05 AM
At the end of the day, it's not about which dogs are deserving and which not. It's not about supporting poor breeding or conditions or not, it's simply about there being far too many dogs for the homes that are available for them.

It's a miserable situation all round, but hammering those who are trying to make the best of a bad job is hardly a way forward.

Everyone will have different opinions on which of those surplus dogs are given a chance of a happy life. It doesn't mean they are uncaring or callous because, no matter which dogs are saved, we all know that there are many, many others that are going to lose their lives because there simply aren't enough homes available for them.

What would be callous and uncaring would be not to care at all and I don't think there's a single person on here that doesn't care.
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Of course all animals 'deserve' help - but you can't get away from the fact that when you take an ex-breeder from a puppy farmer you-are-helping that puppy farmer.
No, not helping the puppy farmer - helping the dog in need.

Are you just on a wind up with this? If not, you seem to show a remakable lack of compassion towards those dogs in need.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Did I say that

Did he
Yes ---in spite of all the running round the subject and prevaricating---you both did say that.

If it wasn't what you meant I am sure you will be pointing that out as a mistake I have made.

It is a simple yes or no answer after all!

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

Are you just on a wind up with this? If not, you seem to show a remakable lack of compassion towards those dogs in need.
Precisely!

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-04-2012, 11:16 AM

But still helping the PF out, whether you like it or not.

I doubt very much Azz is just trying to wind you up, if you have been round long enough you would realize that, Azz is as passionate as anyone of us, because he does not follow your line of thinking, does nto make his any less a dog lover .

He is simply pointing out facts, nothing more, nothing less!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Yes ---in spite of all the running round the subject and prevaricating---you both did say that.

If it wasn't what you meant I am sure you will be pointing that out as a mistake I have made.

It is a simple yes or no answer after all!

rune
No point in pointing out anything to you, you read what you want to anyway,, but hey ho, its not unusual for you to do that.

Beleive what you want, I don`t really care
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Anyway ,nice out again init
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2012, 11:26 AM

Helping the dog in need and the puppy farmer. They're not mutually exclusive.

Look at it on a smaller scale. Do we not advise members on here to avoid buying from BYBs? There's a huge 5+ page thread from yesterday with the majority of members telling the OP not to buy a puppy because the breeder sounds suspicious. OP argues that someone else will buy the puppy anyway so why not give it a good home by buying it themselves. The OP has a valid point but the advice is to not support BYBs fullstop - regardless of how deserving those individual puppies are of a good home.
Swap BYB for puppy farm, individual for rescue, and support by cash with support by convenience and you have the same situation.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
This is just going round in circles. I shall continue to support Rescues who take BYB dogs, PF dogs, Greek dogs, Irish dogs, designer dogs, bull breed dogs, staffies, Spanish dogs, Greyhounds, pedigrees, ex-working dogs... in spite of the fact that a case can be made for not taking each and every one of the types mentioned because it`encourages the producers`.
We all do what we need to and we all answer to our own conscience.
Me too

My door is open to whatever rescue dog whether its a poundie, PF, Greek speaking Irish decent one..........if it comes knocking it can have a home
Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >