View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 07:13 AM
I bear a few scars from fighting terriers until I discovered the best way os to pick them by the scruff and hang them over something ntil they let go. It's far easier to separate small dogs by grabbing the scruffs than larger dogs who's weight can be a bit of a disadvantage! Although all the large dog fights I've spearated the owners just stand there watching and don't help so that can be a bit frustrating
Becky
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Oh Becky with my two they carried on in mid air, and there is only so long I can hold two dogs aloft before my arms give out. Throwing them in the pond worked, but not much else, and the fights usually broke out inside. Diesel was defending himself and would get a grip and hang on for dear life trying to restrain or contain Frankie. Diesel could have done so much damage yet chose not to. Frankie went for maximum impact as I can testify when getting in the way when he launched himself for an attack. The bite was deep and nasty, it was no nip that's for sure, the bruising took over a month to go once the wound had healed. Obviously once he realised he got me instead of his intended victim he changed his attitude instantly.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 07:32 AM
(de-plummed) now thats tickled me before the day starts lol.

As for the fighting, yes its very dangerous when getting inbetween the dogs as in the 'moment' they can turn on their owners.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 08:11 AM
She has trained her own dogs successfully before and understands what`s wrong. It`s the hubby who is sensitive about the plums (why do men empathise like this?) He attacks un-neutered males (the dog, not the hubby). He is a feisty dog anyway but I think this can only help. And it`s a reality-check! I`m going to try to talk (OK nag) her into going back to training classes now...
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I learned the hard way about that too when my two girls were fighting. People dont believe me when i say that pugs can give a hell of a bite (they drew blood!!) cos they're just little and "cute". Lesson learned, if it happens again one of them is getting picked up by the scruff lol.

I had hoped having Delilah spayed might help.. Its not the same as with males, it almost always helps having them neutered. But sadly, my girls still cant be a room together without trying to kill each other
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2