Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 05:48 PM

Zena's been up to no good again!

I just went out in the garden to check up on her (bearing in mind this morning's little episode, and all my hard work out there) and she was happily lying on the lawn with white feathers protruding from her mouth She was reluctant to give them up, but I managed to get them out of her mouth, two pure white feathers was all that was left, so either she's eaten a whole pigeon, or the kestrel/sparrowhawk has been dining out in my garden and left the dregs, which she's now demolished, or what??? Hmmmmmm, at least she hasn't choked, but I fear there might be worse to come.... Oh that little monkey what HAS got into her today!!!!! There are no other feathers on the lawn, but there's usually a big pile of them when the sparrowhawk has been around, just these two white ones left hanging from her mouth Oh dear, I hope I can stay laughing about this
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Shes a little monkey today H.
Maybe she just wanted a game of cowboys and Indians!
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 07:01 PM
So much for that quiet well behaved dog you had a few days ago. Sounds as if she's making up for lost time by being Miss Mega-Mischief now.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 07:11 PM
I think she's psyching herself up for her training tomorrow night!!!! If she stays in this mood, it could be interesting!

She's fine, so it can't have been anything nasty, she'd have been sick I'm sure of that, although still full of beans tonight! Now I've been thinking about those two pure white feathers. Apparently, angels leave you white feathers, so maybe it was both mine and hers from this morning who left those behind and Zena thought she'd better eat the evidence!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
she was happily lying on the lawn with white feathers protruding from her mouth She was reluctant to give them up, but I managed to get them out of her mouth,
Don't worry H she probably just found them I'm sure she'll be OK the time to start worrying is when you see her with a whole chicken in her mouth This has happened with Bara in the first year we had her but thankfully not for the last two years.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Oh that would have scared the pants off me H!!!! Yes, thankfully it was just a couple of feathers, which she was happilly trying to chew on, but couldn't lick the ends off her nose, so luckily I managed to pull them both out. I suppose I will know in the morning if she did eat the carcass of a pigeon, but hopefully not! She's had the devil in her today H!!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Well if next-doors budgie has gone missing, you can tell them not to put posters up!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I must apologise here Helena, just been out and told my 2 about Zena and they looked a bit sheepish....turns out they had been on the phone to her telling her about the time Cariad caught (and tried to eat ) a swan, needless to say the swan won, but Cariad is still bragging about it a couple of years after!!!
Those Norty Girls!!!! Fancy trying to turn your little darling into another Norty
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 09:44 PM
I like the idea of the angels but knowing naughty pups, the feathers probably had some bones attached to them
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 05:43 AM
Well, at least if she's taken to catching her own dinner, your food bill will go down.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >