View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Mo runs like crazy and growls and yaps (I don't think she has caught a rabbit yet though!)
I tell hubby off for waking her, she always looks so bewildered when she is woken.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Only once, when it was a different kind of woofing and fidgeting, and it did worry me, so I gently stroked her and it stopped. I don't think I would actually wake them though, just stroke them to half awake stage so they can nod back off again All my dogs have done it, but like I said, this was very different, so I think you'd know if it was a bad dream!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Marius dreams the most out of any of the dogs we've previously owned. He growls, yips, 'runs' and even laps and pants in his sleep!!

I don't wake him - TBH I enjoy listening to it! I think it's a sign that he's happy & dreaming about his lovely walks
vickileigh63
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2009, 06:42 PM
I dont wake em i leave em 2 enjoy chasing whatever it is they dreming about lol x
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Don't wake my girl-she twitches-sometimes throws legs about-makes little squeaky and growly noises-smiles and in the middle of all that wags her tail! Must be a good dream I think!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 07:36 PM
bruno sometimes wakes himself up with his own snoring but i have only ever woken him once and he was howling in his sleep at 2 in the morning and i shouted at him cos he woke me up and i got such a fright !!!!!!!!!!!!
pennym
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:15 PM
When she's proper kicking off in some way, yelping or 'running' yeah, i wake her gently, and say hello babe in a nice voice, make her feel reassured.
But otherwise, no, she's so cute to watch sleep, she even drops her bottom jaw, sticks out her tongue and starts sucking, as if she was a pup feeding from her mum, hillarious.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:20 PM
I dont wake my lot,

I was watching Kaos dreaming yesterday, It did make me wonder what he dreams of,
I did wonder if we are ever in his dreams, or if they have bad dreams,
Can you imagine your dog waking up and having a go at you coz he had a bad dream where you did somit to him....
but I guess a dog would need to have had something bad happen to him in real life in order to dream of it?

Or do dogs have totaly "made up dreams to?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Was it on Dogsey that I read of a dog who was sleeping with his/her owner (on bed) , had a bad dream and attacked owner? ( it must of been a guess ref the bad dream thing).
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I have just read somewhere for 'healthy mental activity' that dogs need numerous hours sleep so shouldn't be woken, elsewhere that dogs can't differenciate between dreams and reality (surely that can't be true....?).

It is only if I think it is a bad dream that I wake them.......
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >