Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 10:10 AM

Bailey's really done it this time !

Sorrry if this is a bit disjointed but I'm in bits

While I was at my Aunts funeral in Wales yesterday, OH was in charge of pooches.

He took them out for a short walk in the morning, Kiara was on lead and the other 3 loose, where we go is pretty isolated as there's a small river between us and where other people walk, there's no where to go as it's our house at one end and a fence at the other so it's brilliant for allowing pup a bit a off lead time for recall training etc.

Anyway a guy walked up the embankment on the other side of the river with a small terrier type dog and appeared about 30 yds ahead of OH. Hs dog came running up stood on the embankment and yapped a bit at our dogs, before OH could do anything Bailey took off, crossed the river and gotr hold of this dog

Bri got Pup and clipped her onto other end of Kiara's lead (double ended training one), told Kiara to stay, and then had to wade through mud, cross the river which was just below knee depth and grab Bailey, the little dog was screaming, the dog's owner was just stood in shock, OH said he was elderly, obviously too scared to intervene because of Bailey's size (tbh I would too)

OH pulled Bailey off, got him on lead and apologised to the guy, who was OK about it I think he was too shocked to say much, OH gave him our phone number and address just in case his dog needed vet treatment as he would pay for it and they went their seperate ways, he was carrying his little dog as it was very quiet and whimpering.

About 3pm OH got a call from the guy to say that he'd taken his dog to the vet and there were some severe internal injuries and he's had to have it pts He uses the same vet as me so I trust the vets, OH was in bits and was very apologetic and offered to pay the bill, if he'd have a word with the vet so we could see the bill, the guy was under the circumstances very good about it and I've spoken to vets this morning and Bailey had crushed it's ribs which punctured the dogs lungs, by the time the man had got iit to the vets, the dog was too far gone

I didn't know anything until I got home about midnight last night and OH had received some nasty texts (from the way it's worded etc we believe it's someone younger, maybe a grandchild??) threatening to come and set their dogs on ours, shoot em if they they see him again - horrible things.

I'm totally devastated and really scared now. I can't believe he's done it, he was doing so well, he's never run off like that before under any circumstances, not over rivers etc, he did do a u-turn at a dog that we passed by us last week but they weren't that far behind us and Bailey was fine with it.

What am I gonna do?? I'm scared to go out with the dogs in case I see someone and they start on me or hurt the dogs. What am I gonna do with Bailey too OH can barely look at him at the moment, I know that will probably pass and to top it all off OH is now laid up as he's hurt his back that was healing nicely after his fall last month

I can't stop shaking and crying
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 10:18 AM
oh dear what a horrible thing to have happen

maybe you could talk to the gentleman yourself, he could no nothing about the texts that have been sent, or the context of them. there is no point for threats, it can not change what has been done.

dont be scared to walk your dogs, they still need to go out, and you cant let this affect the others, especially the pup its such a crucial time for her.

as for your OH and Bailey, you need to let things calm down, and then talk about it. there is only you that knows what the right thing to do is.

big hugs xxxx
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 10:21 AM
oh dear what a horrible thing to happen i realise you both feel terrible but if the texts persist (save them) i would call the police, your oh reacted responsibly in a terrible situation and accidents do happen, but to threaten you is an offence. I would keep Bailey on a short leash from now on.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Oh Leanne, what a terrible thing to happen, no wonder you are so distressed

The situation has happened and you can't change that now. Your OH physically intervened, exchanged details and offered to pay the vets bill. There are some owners who would have done nothing other than leg it.

Do you still have the texts or have you deleted them? Part of me thinks it is someone very hurt and angry sounding off but part of me wonders if you should show them to the police, although I can understand that you may be reluctant to do that.

Nothing really I can say so sending you a big hug.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 10:24 AM
I honestly have no idea what to say. I just didn't want to read and run. Sending you some very big hugs though xxx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Firstly, I know it's hard but don't be afraid. People like those sending such text messages are usually full of empty threats and are most likely sending them because they'r eupset and angry. However, I would certainly report them/show them to the Police and give them the number they've come from. I wuld expect them to fill out a crime report and you absolutely HAVE to state that you're afraid "for your safety" when out with the dogs now. Make sure they tell you when they're going to get back to you with an update.

In the meantime, could you walk maybe 1 or 2 of the dogs at a time so you have a beter chance of catching hold of them if there is an oportunity for them to go off?

Finally, I'd sort things out in terms of payment with the vets. Also, speak to the elederly owner of the other dog and see if he knows whose phone number it is. If he does, he may be able to speak with the person concerned. After all, if it's not him, he has passed your phone number onto someone else. he may well have passed on your address too.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 10:25 AM
So sorry to read this, what a sad thing to happen for all involved
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Leanne - I have nothing constructive to say, sorry - but am sending you massive {{{huggles}}} and love. xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Have no real advice other than what has been already said.

Just wanted to say sorry and wish you all the best xxx
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Oh Leanne, what a horrible thing, I feel for all parties, terrible.

I really cannot say anything else. I have no other words Hugs to you hun x x x
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »