View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 06:25 PM

I feel awful saying this but we had such a peaceful walk....

....without Maddy! She's in season so i'm takin her out seperate, it's not fair on the other not being able to go offlead, and not fair on Maddy having to watch them offlead and have to stay on herself, so it's seperate walks from now on 'til she's out of season.

But today was the first as i've just been taking them together and keeping them all onlead. We had a lovely walk and it was just a weight off my shoulders not having to worry about any of the dogs annoying other peoples dogs, or constantly calling them back and making vigilant there are no other dogs around, and no crossing the street just because another dog walker is coming towards us!

You get used to things being a bit abnormal and I forgot what it was like to walk NORMAL dogs! I'm sure i'd soon get bored if this were forever though!
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Aww Kel don't worry - I know what you mean -Murph can be bolshy so to just walk Macey is lovely sometimes and I feel really mean on Murph but then I do enjoy to just walk Murph on his own too -don't feel bad
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 07:32 PM
I feel like that too sometimes.. there are no problems with other dogs with Rufus but with Sam it can be very stressful. As you say, always looking ahead, behind, trying to distract him from this one or that one...phew who says walking the dog is relaxing?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
You get used to things being a bit abnormal and I forgot what it was like to walk NORMAL dogs! I'm sure i'd soon get bored if this were forever though!
Just what I was going to say. There's no harm in enjoying a quiet time for a short while though
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 11:11 AM
I know the feeling kel , with my older boxer lady not being good with strangers im ever vigilant with her ,and its heaven walking skye and beau together as they love attention and dont get fazed by other dogs , poor lady has to walk with mummy alone but she does not seem to mind gettin me all to herself and all the attention from the ppl we meet that she does know and trust xxdk
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 11:28 AM
My lot are exercised individually most of the time due to wanting to spend quality time with them on an individual basis.I feel I get their attention easier as they have no distractions,also they can't wind one another up.Takes a little longer but you will have more contented dogs and you'll end up a lot more fitter too eh?