Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Thanks for that J.

Will do it tonight when I get back home, sorry everyone that it hasnt worked

I can get it to work but as I said it takes a bit of fiddling to get it to work and before that I havent had any trouble with zippy, but if youve had trouble ... but I will persevere to get the videos to work
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Willow
Something funny happened the other day which I think some people will maybe get a giggle out of, I dont know if you do it there, but when dummies get thrown here for retrieves a lot of the time a prr prr noise is made at the same time, kinda like a cat's pur almost. x
It's to sort of signify a pheasant calling.

LOL, my lot leap up when they hear birds on the tv and in particular pheasants.

Helen
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Helen
It's to sort of signify a pheasant calling.

LOL, my lot leap up when they hear birds on the tv and in particular pheasants.

Helen
My flattie is doing it a lot now as well

Last night actually when my OH was throwing the dummy and making the noise, he got 'answered' by a bird several times
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Well have been busy today and gotten two more videos !

I tried to use that other site that was suggested but it didnt work for me

It uploaded but when I viewed the link it would only do the other thumbnails and not my video. But I did a hunt around on the net and found this site, and I've viewed both my clips (I'm on dial up, they've taken a little while to download) but they have both worked, so I hope they work for everyone else ! If they do work for other people then I'll load the other videos

This is a go back command, it was a blind but he knew something was out there, hence why there was the short reprimand as he was about to run in !

http://media.putfile.com/MOV0023894

This is a swimming clip, I know gundogs are supposed to have a nice calm entry to the water but yeah well .... what can I say ! He's very enthusiastic !

http://media.putfile.com/MOV0022862

Enjoy !

Feel free to offer critique !
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Hi everyone (feel like im butting in)
I have been reading this thread from the start its really interesting and i love reading up on this sort of stuff. Have learnt so much from it too better than any book
Think after this AM could start her own gundog training classes up, after all the advice she has given would you mind coming over here and helping me with oscar how much do you charge?
And willow love reading about what your doing with your dogs sounds great, and really sounds like both you and the dogs enjoy doing it which of course what its all about I have been able to view all your video except for the last 2 which you posted today one of them is still like a pic and the other shows nothing. But the rest work brill
Helen your dogs are lovely loved the pics of them and hope to learn more about them-great site you have
Hopefully after some training i will be able to come on here and share some pics and videos of my lab oscar
Nat
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi Natasha !!

Glad you like the thread, feel free to jump in and add some info and ask questions !

I think AM could definately do some training classes !! She's certainly helped me a lot !

I'm sorry that the videos didnt work the last two that I put up They were working on my computer before I posted the link, I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my computer maybe ... it's brand new though .. Oh well.

So the ones on the zippyvideo site worked ok after ppl were having trouble ? Maybe it was just a glitch then for a few days and now they are working fine now ? Will go and check

Think I'll stick to pics for a little while.

:smt021 :smt021 :smt021 <--- That's how I'm feeling about videos at the moment !!
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Hey willow
yes im loving the thread think its brill and im sure i will have loads of Qs for you guys
Yes AM is brill so helpful, she knows her stuff but dont tell her i said that dont want it to go to her head (im planning to kidnap her and bring her to the uk to help me with oscar )

Yay just gave the videos you posted another go the water retreive vid works know brill vid btw but i still cant get the other one to work but i dont know why everyone else cant see the previous vids you posted i have been able to view all the videos fine, maybe if they give it another go they will work thanks for taking the time to post them hope to see more of them.

lol dont worry i have probs loading videos too so your not the only one
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 05:15 PM
I saw the clips They were great! Did I hear a clicker? How did you find it in training the retrieve?

Helen
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Wow Willow

I could see the last 2 clips fine

Wot a retrieve in the water

He's good..

I've been reading on this thread aswell..

I plan to go visit AM and let her show me in person wot it is I'm suppose to do, cos I just dont get it via mails or chats...

I need to be shown...
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
I plan to go visit AM and let her show me in person wot it is I'm suppose to do, cos I just dont get it via mails or chats...

I need to be shown...
lol j my thoughts exactly
ok guys i know i was joking about kidnapping AM to help me out with oscar, but she really will be coming to mine to see oscar so hopefully i will be able to be shown how its done probably yay i get my own trainer oscar says hurry up over AM he is waiting!
Page 10 of 15 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »