View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 09:03 AM

Keisha's morning fun, who says Akitas don't like ball?!

On a weekend morning walk Keisha has the pleasure of me, a long line and a toy, heehee (Paul walks them both together on a weekday morning, Zeke goes the speed of a snail these days so they don't get too far in 40 minutes, the time he has before he has to head off to work!) So she loves her weekend morning fun on the fields and beyond, I try to take her for a good distance, poor girl doesn't get as much exercise mid week now because of Zeke's cancer, but she's ok, as long as she has her main man she will do anything to adapt

SHAKE! Good girl, shake that moutling coat off!!!!

Camouflaged in the woods!

Heehee my little hairy stumpy nutter, she is such a good girl (she's our 'naughty' one but i'm not sure what's up with her recently, she's been a bit perfect)

She's such a pleasure to walk, with Zeke, bless him, he's always just sniffed along offlead, in his own happy world, ignoring you the entire time really unless you recall him, always just off enjoying himself but with Keisha she's constantly looking up at you smiling, will nibble at your hand if you're not chatting to her or pinch the lead! She doesn't even walk, she NEVER walks - she prances along happily by your side! This little girl brings so much happiness into our lives. She's often overlooked this past year because of Zeke and his battle with cancer, poor girly xxxxx
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 03:33 PM
What a gorgeous girl
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Lovely girl..she looks like she's really enjoying herself
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 04:18 PM
She's gorgeous!
I love akitas!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Aww Bless Lovely pictures Thanks for sharing x
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Fantastic pics, i could look at pictures of keisha or zeke all day!! Do you let keisha off lead?
The akita i know would look at you if you threw a ball as if to say...are you getting that!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Aw thanks for your lovely comments guys xxx

Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
Fantastic pics, i could look at pictures of keisha or zeke all day!! Do you let keisha off lead?
The akita i know would look at you if you threw a ball as if to say...are you getting that!
Haha, no she only gets let off in enclosed areas, one field near us but we don't visit it every day.. she has a huge predatory drive, will ignore you to chase a leaf over the other side of the field nevermind prey! Also, she will react to dogs who bark/growl at her, and she's often the bigger of the two so not worth the risk. Zeke is the opposite though, he goes offlead everyday.

Yeah all the Akitas I know don't play ball! Well, except keisha!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 08:22 PM
She is so beautiful! Great photos, you can almost see her move!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Lovely photos!

Know what you mean feeling guilty about one dog not getting as much attention because of the other one having a lot of vet visits etc.

We have taken Parker out on his own a couple of times because Cherry is not allowed to play ball because she has glaucoma. He loves his ball too!
Greenfae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Wow

I might be showing my ignorance here but I've never seen an Akita that colour, I thought they were all kind of Husky coloured. She's so beautiful
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >