Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2004, 12:14 AM

met another staffie

Hi all. indie is walking better on the lead now. We met 2 staffies on our walk today..the first one was blue/white pied and was ok at first, then got a bit funny, so we moved on. Then the second one, which was a brindle male called Henry, decided he didnt wanna be nice and tried to go for Indie He was growling and barking and trying to throw himself at her. Luckily the owner was keeping him back. Indie was terrified, lucky she didnt get hurt tho, and the owner apologised, but we had a little chat, and i kno not all staffies dont get on with other dogs! I was trying so hard to make all her encounters with other dogs good so that she didnt wanna fight em or didnt like em... so i hope this doesnt ruin that

anyways, shes eating more now i feed her tripe yuck!

I will post more piccies when i get a new digital camera, since mine is broken!!

anyways, internet is playing up, this is first time its worked for a while. So might be on 2moro for replies

Jenny & Indie
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2004, 07:44 AM
Hi Jenny, glad to hear that Indie is walking a bit better. You will find nice dogs around for Indie to mix with.

How are you managing with the smell of tripe. :smt078
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2004, 07:44 AM
Some staffies are a bit funny with other dogs. Mine are great with other dogs and all they want to do is play.

At least the other staffie owner was responsible enough to hold him back and no harm was done. Some owners would just let them have it out. Glad Indies okay tho she is sooooo gorgeous
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

03-08-2004, 07:54 AM
Glad the dogs didnt bite Indie! Look forward to the pics!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi Jenny

Oh what a sad experience! But you have to keep trying Too bad Luna and I are so far away

I was wondering where you were yesterday, but there's a logic explanation.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2004, 08:27 AM
It is important to realise that because your own staffy is pleasant that there are quite a few that arent
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by staffy
Some staffies are a bit funny with other dogs. Mine are great with other dogs and all they want to do is play.
Hi Jenny Adding to what Staffie says all breeds can be funny with other dogs and as your puppy and yourself gain more confidence, meeting other dogs will not be a problem. I would urge you to join a puppy class though you have had a few training 'issues' and although you say you have taught your puppy the standard things..and that is excellent, going to puppy class will do more than that , it will give your puppy the opportunity to meet lots of other dogs in a supervised situation and it will give you the chance to chat with other puppy owners..some experienced some not so..about your puppy and any little worries you may have You can then come and tell us all about it Jenny I hope you get your computer sorted soon
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2004, 10:13 AM
hi all.. internets running so far. But they still havent come out and had a look at it. its being really dodgy and my computer keeps telling me its malfunctioned. So will see how it goes.

Hey does anyone know any good sites where u can buy cameras and stuff, but like.. paying weekly/monthly. I have a magazine at home, but they charge ridiculous amounts! I'm looking a for a digi cam, but cant afford to pay right out... obv didnt expect mine to break!!!
Also looking for a manual SLR camera oooooo and a LapToP!!!

lol.
Anyways, any suggestions would be cool!

Indie is getting so big now! and shes finding her feet a bit more and being assertive with the growling
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Hi although I "love" Staffs. I always put Sal on a lead when approaching a Staff or any other breed of dog even if we "know" them. You can never tell, sometimes all it takes is a "bad" day.

Karen