View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 01:31 PM

please explain..............................

yes i know i am a dumb girl, but please can someone tell me the difference between a limited and an open show?

i feel really stupid - but at least i admit it!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 01:46 PM
This may help:

Different types of Dog Shows

Championship Shows - Challenge Certificates are on offer for most breeds. They are normally large shows, lasting a few days. Your dog does not, however, have to have done any previous winning to attend these shows.
Open Shows – a smaller type of show, open to all. Champions can be entered but not many are. Quite often dogs and bitches of one breed are judged together.
Limited Shows – these are limited to 75 classes and any dog that has won either a CC or any win that counts towards the status of Champion is ineligible for entry.
Match meetings – locally run training classes for the show ring. CC winners cannot enter.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 01:48 PM
ah ha!

thanks once again sheree!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 01:58 PM
That of course only applies to the UK .......
Good definitions though. I thought Limited was restricted to club members not number of classes. You learn something new every day!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 02:05 PM
I have to admit I cheated

I did know the answer, I knew that I knew the answer, but having fluffed up on the endorsements thread a few weeks back, I checked to make sure I had it right this time.

The site I looked at had the other details too so I thought it handy to add them to my reply.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 03:59 PM
so then i could enter jazzie for any of those listed above then?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
so then i could enter jazzie for any of those listed above then?

Yes, if she is KC registered, which I'm sure you said she is.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Yes, if she is KC registered, which I'm sure you said she is.
she certainly is!

but actually thats quite scary, which one is the best one to start at then? After ringcraft of course!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
she certainly is!

but actually thats quite scary, which one is the best one to start at then? After ringcraft of course!
I would go with the open shows, the limited shows are few and far between, well they are here anyway. With open shows you will get a class for your breed, a lot of the limited shows will have av classes rather than a breed class.

When you go to ringcraft you can probably pick some schedules up, or go onto the websites, (not sure if this is allowed, sorry if not), Fosse Data and Higham Press to download them.

Don't be scared, you'll have fun.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 04:17 PM
i have wanted to show jazzie since i got her, but being on my own with 2 children and working full time, i've not really had the time to do it - now they're a bit older and their dad has moved closer i'm fast coming round to the idea!!

when we were out on our morning walk today my daughter was trotting(as she calls it!!) jazzie up and down the path and jazzie looked great - i do think she'll do well in show, but hey i've actually got no idea what i'm talking about!! But there is something about her when she runs like that that has ELOQUENCE written all over her!!!!

sorry couldn't resist that one!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >