Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 06:40 PM

Power to the Stafford elbow.

Took Sal (SBT) to the vets today for her booster and to pick up some stronghold. Came out of the vet Surgery and went round to the desk to pay. At the desk was a man and lady with a Jack Russell his wife went out while he was paying as the door opened a chap stepped in with a Xbreed terrier type of dog.. who was straining at the end of his lead to get at Sal, and this JR...the Xbreed was growling and barking...not overly friendly. I leaned against the wall out of reach (still inside the vets) and got Sal to sit down, she just laid down head on my foot (ears up though while watching this Xbreed) the chap with the JR backed up to by me....his dog had a few goes back at the Xbreed then he picked him up......ahhh to have a breed I could pop under an arm.
The vet came round to see what the fuss was and the chap with the X breed *this is where I almost lost it* said to the vet...."Its the Staffie" (yes mine who was lying flat out staffie style head on my trainer) before I or the JR owner could repy the vet said "Sir, I think you need the opticians opposite, as I see your dog lunging barking growling....you unable or unwilling to stop him and the Stafford lying down with her head on her owners foot....my perception is its your dog....I'll hold the door while you leave"

Could have knocked me over with a feather, well I know my vet is good but tell you what he's gone right up in my estimation....may have lost the Xbreed owner as a customer but I'll be there forever.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 07:44 PM
It's great when you can get someone onside like that, especially your vet!

Well done Sal for being so good. Dougal wouldn't have figured out that dog was growling at him and would have been wagging and trying to play I swear he doesn't speak dog.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Good on your vet for standing up for Sal. She was realy good actually, don't think my Toby would of behaved so well!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks both.
Sal speaks dog very very well actualy thats partly why I think she did nothing...ie she thought that the dog was all mouth no trousers (in her opinion not worth bothering with) s well as the fact because she also understands human ( me) well...and knows how alert I am to the situation and also how long her lead is....
Tan's mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2008, 10:53 PM
good on that vet!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 05:13 AM
Isn't that just totally brilliant?
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 07:24 AM
well done that vet!

I've seen my vet chuck out a couple of dogs because they wanted to fight, and she won't have the nicely behaved dogs upset!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Yay! Well done to your vet! Give our love! Tonks would either have looked hurt or been like Dougal and wagged her tail and wanted to go for a sniff......but she also would have done as asked and sat down out of the way.

I love the story! The cheek of the man..... i expect he was going to say, "my dog doesn't like staffies".......but that is still his problem and not yours!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi Kazz Exactly the behaviour I would expect from Sal, she is 'a properly brought up little Staffie lady'

I have often noticed Staffies have a particular way of rolling their eyes (quite like any other breed) , I guess Sal might have been doing it at the time
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Hurray for your vet! I get so cheesed off with the attitude of some dog owners that 'he doesn't like Staffies/Rotties/Akitas etc.' Thanks God your vet saw the bigger picture.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >