Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2011, 07:08 PM
I can take Simon anywhere.

Jake gets very stressed/bouncy/loud/obnoxious in strange (in door) places, but is ok if I am there to calm him for the first hour or so, and then he will settle. He's been on holiday, and was fine to be left in the cottage with his "brother" for a few hours after a few days. We are going again soon, so it can't have been too bad!

He doesn't "do" cars, but anywhere outside where there is no traffic he is fine with.
david richardso
New Member!
Male 

28-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Can take Fern anywhere provided the floor is not too slippery for her: She baulks at any floor that she slips on, or decides she might slip on, which can be a problem!

That apart, she is totally reliable absolutely anywhere, and generally adds to the occasion, rather than being a problem.

She has always been a brilliant traveller, and loves the car: She feels very secure there, not least because if she is in the car she knows she is coming with us.

The only real problem is that there are so many places that don't allow dogs: I don't expect dogs to be allowed in formal gardens or restuarants, but fail to see why they are not allowed in so many pubs where we would like to take a bar meal!

I have known adults to cause problems in pubs, and sometimes children to take tantrums, but have yet to see a dog causing any problem at all.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 07:44 PM
I am happy to take Tilly anywhere where dogs are allowed. She's been to various different holiday cottages, caravans etc, hospitals and nursing homes, and on trams, underground, buses, trains and even a boat on the Thames! She really doesnt seem bothered in new situations. If Im there and Im happy then she's more than happy and will settle easily.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 08:23 PM
OOH, i dont know the answer to that, my youngest spent 5 days with his human auntie and doggie cousins when he was 5 months old and seemed okay, but have no idea on how they will be know, they are spending two weeks with a doggy sitter friend when we are away in july, and then coming with us in october for a week away, so i hope they are okay!
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Most of mine would freek if you took them off of the farm and into a town, In fact one time when I had to take Pebble to the vets and couldnt park in the carpark, I had to carry her through the town as she just froze lucky she is only 10Kg.
Culotte is different because I have taken her out with me since she was tiny but even so I dont think I could take her to somewhere like London, if she didnt freek I think I would I would just worry about her too much.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 02:00 PM
My current male NO he travels badly & makes a lot of fuss,& it upsets his stomach. Trouble is leaving him is just as bad. Good job because of my disability I can't travel far or stay away any more. Current bitch I can take anywhere & with her breeder she has stayed away & even gone abroad. All my previous dogs were fine to take anywhere, bar one who was travel sick except on trains. Did have one bitch who sulked if there wasn't a tray for tea or coffee in the room though, as my parents used to give her a saucer of tea when their teasmaid went off in the morning & if I took her away she expected me to do the same. It was the first thing she checked on when we went in a room.
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2011, 02:06 PM
zulu can be a bit unsettled at first - up and down at every noise, gets very over excited at any new people, has to check absolutely every little thing out very thoroughty, etc. I think thats partly his young age and staffy nature though. Once he can see the people are relaxed and he's satisfied himself knowing what everything is he relaxes too.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Jake is happy anywhere and settles well, provided i am there
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 03:13 PM
I take my dogs everywhere. I consider it part of Daisy`s re-education. We`ve just been on a crowded train and she allowed a man to look into her eyes and sit beside her without reacting. She glanced at me and I gave her a treat so she figured it was OK.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 03:19 PM
We are still checking on new places/ circumstances for Peps but so far she has been well adjusted and happy.
She is inclined to get over excited and a bit hyper to start with but soon settles.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >