Male 

09-08-2005, 02:04 PM
I totaly agree with Archer - good post
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Richard
I got to say I don't know any thing about what lines can be crossed and still be called a American Bulldog (I would say you can't cross lines at all, but what the hell do I know).

Also I got to say! If you don't know what makes a bulldog are you realy the right person to have one. They are in the Dangerous Dogs Act for a point, and that is they are killers no way around it they were made to fight and fight. There was one in the paper the other day killed a little kid.

Small bit of History on the pitbull

You can't change there blood!
since when has the american bulldog been on the dda? not in this country anyway!
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Richard, don’t you think it’s a bit strong to call them killers. The poor boy that was killed by an American bulldog was terrible but to label a breed killers is IMO irresponsible. It’s one thing for the media to jump on the bandwagon with the killer headlines but I didn’t think I would see that sort of thing here
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-08-2005, 02:10 PM
I agree with you Archer actually, thats why I have come away without paying any deposit. They are adamant that the pups are ABs, which I was sure they werent and thats why I posted just in case, I was the one in the wrong.
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
since when has the american bulldog been on the dda? not in this country anyway!
Hi Jenny,

Their not, unless they it's changed recently.

I'm not sure but I think there's a bit which is ambiguous at best which states "bull type breed"
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 02:25 PM
The legislation actually states (along with the 3 specific breeds) 'pit bull type'.Any dog,even if it can be proved to be a cross breed can be siezed and destroyed under this part of the act if the law sees fit.There have been cases of dane x's ,staff crosses etc falling foul of the law because althuogh they were not pit bulls they were judged to be of pit bull type.
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Like afc says just because one went mad, we don't know the reason why, it's not fair to class them all like that.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Any breed can have 'bad apples'.....poorly bred,badly raised dogs occur in nearly every breed at one time or another...doesn't mean the breed is bad.However unfortunately Joe Public will always jump to conclusions and tar all with the same brush
Richard
New Member!
Male 

09-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by afc101
Richard, don’t you think it’s a bit strong to call them killers. The poor boy that was killed by an American bulldog was terrible but to label a breed killers is IMO irresponsible. It’s one thing for the media to jump on the bandwagon with the killer headlines but I didn’t think I would see that sort of thing here

Not really! a dog which has been made over a 100 years just to fight and kill will always want to kill (it's not like any one has ever tryed to breed out the fighting part of them. Ok I know it's not the dogs thought it's the people that did this who really should be shot.

You your self should know that dogs that are bread to do one thing are very good at it and in this case the dogs have been bread to fight and thats what they want to do. and I think the quote i made shows this.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Richard
Not really! a dog which has been made over a 100 years just to fight and kill will always want to kill (it's not like any one has ever tryed to breed out the fighting part of them. Ok I know it's not the dogs thought it's the people that did this who really should be shot.

You your self should know that dogs that are bread to do one thing are very good at it and in this case the dogs have been bread to fight and thats what they want to do. and I think the quote i made shows this.

Sorry have to disagree, being brought up with multiple Staffies, and most of my family mmbers at present owning them and EBT's, i have never seen them want to 'kill and fight' as you say.
If this is the case than according to your statement they would try and kill everything, well we had an elderly staffie and our present JRT when she was a pup, and the JRT was the boss, the elderly staffie used to sit and take it all.
It is a rather sweeping statement you have made, generalising that all bull breeds are killing machines with no other want than to fight and kill, this is something that could, and probably has offended many of the bull breed owners amongst us.
best wishes
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »