View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 03:25 PM

Why do some people have to push your patience?

I was walking the dogs today and had them off lead, I walk them by a river well away from any roads, and also there is a fence before the road so I think that its ok to let them off as they are quite good, anyway today this stupid person really tested my patience today.

I was walking along when this man with a labrador come towards me, and it was quite overweight, you could tell that from the distance it was at bless it, anyway the man come up to me and goes you shouldn't have Greyhounds off lead, when I said that they aren't Greyhounds but a Lurcher and a Longdog to which he replied that he thought that they wern't Greyhounds as they were too well behaved but said that if they were Lurchers said that I shouldn't have them off either, and a longdog is apparently a made up term like the doodle dogs to make them more wanted by people who think that a label makes a difference to a dog .

After this he asked what rescue I got them from and I said I never I had them since they were puppies from people in the local paper, but apparently according to him you can't get dogs like them from puppies, only people who want to work them breed them, and drown all the ones that they don't want, so you can only get them from rescue centres if the working poeple don't kill the dogs once they have finished working them and if I feed them a bit more I would see that they were other breeds and not a Lurcher and Longdog then he went on to ask me what breeds I was told was in them, so I said that Honey is a Saluki X Grey and Diesel is 3/4 Grey and 1/4 German Shepard, and then he told me that I was really taken for a ride, as Diesel is too friendly to have GSD in him, he started saying some more things but at this point I just got fed up.

I walked away after this as I was so fed up but before I did I told him that he is speaking a load of rubbish, I know my dogs and I know that they are ok off lead there, that he even said that they were well behaved, and I would appreite it if he didn't try to insult my intelligance by saying that they wern't what I said they were as they so obviously are, and don't try hinting that I'm not feeding them enough, espcailly when his dog is so big, and that Labradors have been one of the most common breeds of dog to bite at one point, and I myself have been pinned up by two labs when I was working at some boarding kennels, but it doesn't mean that every Lab is going to be nasty, far from it, just like German Shepards its a case of judging a dog as a indivual and then before labeling a dog look at the way that its brought up and the handler, as that is what is more then likely going to create a dangerous dog, and does create a lot more dangerous dogs then being a certain breed does, but after I said all this and walked away he started shouting swear words at me.

Sorry for the long thread though lol.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Oooooh, don't you just love these people who know EVERYTHING about dogs

I meet people like this too.... they usually tell me one of my Boxers is "obviously" a greyhound cross

Just rise above it.....
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Of course you wouldn't know what your own dog is, some people are really in need of some more intelligance, and to keep thier opionions to themselves, why would they think that your BOXER has Greyhound in it?
Fluffypup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2009, 03:55 PM
What an incredibly offensive man! Some people are just so rude. It wouldn't be so bad if he was an expert but he was obviously just a twerp with a fat dog - hope I don't meet him.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Ah - you seem to have met one of our main contributors for Thickipedia - The Man Who knows Everything! I`m glad you now know what dogs you have
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Fluffy pup I hope that I don't met him again once was enough lol, and lol ClaireandDaisy.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Sounds like a nutter...

I would have walked off the moment the idiot started ranting.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 04:37 PM
I will next time, I just can't be asked with people like him, if I see him again I will just turn away, bet that will annoy him if hes not able to stick his nose in things that don't concern him.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Good grief! And I bet you were hoping for a nice quiet walk!
I met someone similar once, knew all about jacks and parsons and after telling me all, then told me he had one at home just like Missy - only his was a fox terrier
I still laugh when I remember that
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi,

Tell you wwhat Cahz, you can borrow my 3 GSDs and we can take bets on how long it will take him to insist they're not GSDs becuse they're well behaved and friendly!

What a complete muppet.

I'd have been tempted to tel him to have a nice day and blown him a kiss when he started swearing - but that seems to wind people up even more. Funny though when you think afterwards!

Laura xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >