View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Aaaow I was going to tell you how lovely ratties are then I read your last paragraph.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Ah i like rats well tame ones that is , i agree with zb get the traps down sharpish before you end up with a few Bobs thats taking up residence and then you will never get shot good luck evicting the little critters xxdk
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 08:03 PM
I can't use the traps in case Georgie goes to investigate Although I'm keeping him well away from the enclosed bit at the side of the house, with my forgetfulness you just never know! The rat man has stuffed the big rat boxes well into the back of the hedge and they're tightly shut with the poison inside, so Georgie will be safe! He would never dream of eating one of the dead ones, so he'll be fine. The man said they hadn't ventured into the front garden at all, even though that big hedge goes all the way down to the front, so that's good. If I hadn't noticed in time things might be different though! I might even have had one popping his little head out of the toilet, as they do! Lol!
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 08:37 PM
EUGHHHHh I feel sick. Get rid of them quick before the whole family comes to stay. I need a pee and i really wish you hadn't mentioned rats and toilets in the same sentence

I hate wild rats, yuk, I grew up on a farm and used to completely freak if I saw one,my parents always had terriers on the farm. .......They loved rats
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
You need a ferret helen, or a terrier nasty rats saying that we had 4 mice living in the chimney and i caught the lot and fed them to the cat and cremated one hope you get rid soon, get a rat trap from the hardwere store and then get dave to shift them when dead,better than poision eps with dogs and cats around.
Hi ZB,
ferrets are great to watch when working, and what can I say about terriers I know China is a blur when she goes after starlings she will flushed them out of the trees and in full flight will grab them out of the air and then spit it out and go for the next one
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
Sorry, but i like rats.

Now spiders that another story - kill um all i say
shiba,
I must be a little bit on the twisted side as I love rat, spiders and snakes and if I was back in my home state I would have a carpet snake living with us
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Many years ago I worked as a docker in Grangemouth docks, the rats I saw there were huge I saw one the size of a Jack Russell.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Many years ago I worked as a docker in Grangemouth docks, the rats I saw there were huge I saw one the size of a Jack Russell.
xxdk
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I know it's the bird food, they can smell it a mile off, but they aren't getting it, not from me anyway! Little blighters, how very dare they think they can live here at Helena Mansioins!!!!
A bit of the bird food always gets flicked onto the ground as they eat, that's what ratty is going after. I hate them too, (Even 'tho I told DK how to catch one alive) I think it's from reading 1984 by George Orwell.

I expect Zoundz will be along shortly to tell us all what lovely creatures they are
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 11:15 PM
I bought and froze 4 young rats today for my snakes never thought i'd see the day i had rats and mice in the freezer alongside the chicken.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Awww, I feel for you - we had the same problem a while ago (different house, near open fields). It was also the bird feeder that attracted them in our garden. I once saw one lift a full net of peanuts and run off with it!

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
/s either! The good thing is, my new bird stations are on poles and he said they can't climb up those, but today they had some bread and that just vanished this afternoon!
Well I guess the expert should know, but rats are extremely clever and it wouldn't surprise me if they could climb up the poles!!

Hope you get the problem solved, the trouble with wild rats are all the diseases they can carry, I wouldn't want them in my garden either
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >