Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh Bev, what a complete transformation you've done there You must be in heaven (well the dogs are!) with that lovely new lawn and patio area, it's all just fantastic, well done you! Keep that new turf throughly watered to give it a chance to grow through, it's very important at the early stages, it can't have too much water, soak it as much as you can! Oh I can't believe how different it looks, I bet you can't either
Thanks H, I'm watering it every night, it was quite sad and yellow looking when I got it but has done really well with a bit of TLC. The dogs are banned from the lawn for a good while as after all this effort I am not having them get on there, wee, and kill it.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Well done it is looking lovely.
Thanks Lynn
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Thanks H, I'm watering it every night, it was quite sad and yellow looking when I got it but has done really well with a bit of TLC. The dogs are banned from the lawn for a good while as after all this effort I am not having them get on there, wee, and kill it.

Thanks Lynn
Looks good, nice new lawn you have there.

A god tip to keep your lawn green is to keep it short, (encourages growth) and water all the scorch marks the dog leaves.

I found keep on top of the urine stains, they will grow back, keep a nice short tidy lawn and dont forget to feed it.

Lots of nice pots.. will add some colour on your patio , I go overboard but love them, I like to clump a load together..

A bit like this Lynn...hope you dont mind me sticking them up!!!

Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Tell you where to look the big garden centre chains...DIY shops have bins where they put plastic pots/tubs...for people to take recycling.....so ask or rummage there for large pots......
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 02:17 PM
The pound shop sell the plastic terracotta/green pots Worth a look in there.....

Your garden looks fab, Bev Well Done x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Looks good, nice new lawn you have there.

A god tip to keep your lawn green is to keep it short, (encourages growth) and water all the scorch marks the dog leaves.I found keep on top of the urine stains, they will grow back, keep a nice short tidy lawn and dont forget to feed it.

Lots of nice pots.. will add some colour on your patio , I go overboard but love them, I like to clump a load together..

A bit like this Lynn...hope you dont mind me sticking them up!!!

Jackie's right there Bev. If you've got the energy, give it a short cut every single week at this time of year, coz during the summer it will stop growing as fast. I have mine cut every week, and as soon as they've cut it, it looks sooooo green, thick and lush, even though I think at the time it doesn't need it, it did! Grass is very resilient stuff, and like Jackie says, if you splosh through their wee, with a watering can or hose, it won't scald it, and it comes back. I really can't get over how you've transformed yours though!!

I've got half a dozen big heavy pots that I don't want now, coz I whipped out the plants for Dave to take up to our new van garden, and I was going to take them to the tip, so thanks for that tip Kazz, I didn't know the garden centre might like them! I don't want them coz I've got enough big pots on my patio, some of which I'm going to do plant outs into the garden soon anyway, so there'll be even more. Pity I can't send them up to you Bev, but they're very heavy and only rubbish ones anyway!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 04:06 PM
You have done so well Bev, it looks really great
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Wow what an amazing transformation, and an inspiration too. Must admit, my lawn looks like your before picture, thanks to a certain young pup lol. She also "encouraged me" to move all my pots to the front garden, as she is quite an enthusiastic pruner.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Wow! That is one heck of a transformation!! It's looking amazing and I like Jackie's pots idea. (Looking lovely too JB! )
RFM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Very pretty!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Absolutely brilliant

We are having our patio done on one side of the house and I want the other side turfed...your photos have made me more determined to get it sorted. xx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >