Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 07:53 PM

Took ben camping

hes so well behaved when he goes camping, thins time we was in the highlands of scotland. sadly due to car probs we had to come home early.
but ben had a great time, running alongside the river. snuffling and sniffing everything he saw, he had a staring contest with a sheep,(closest hes ever got to one) and the sheep won. it stamped its foot at ben and bleated. ben wasnt happy and wanted to carry on his walk. (he was on the lead and with us) but for his first encounter with a sheep its 1 he wont forget.
but on the site we met another dog and he was also a collie X retreiver could of been bens uncle. did get some pics but at the mo im having trouble finding them.(opps )
but we all had a lovely time.
but ben found the scottish water didnt agree with him. and boy spending a few days in a tent with a flatulant dog is no fun.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Aw, our sheep are quite tough. They won't stand for upstart dogs;p

It's lovely up here but farting dogs in a tent is not a good idea. Think I prefer a Basha...at least it's open ended;0p
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Sounds like you had a great time - look forward to the photos!
I'll be sharing a tent with Stone in a couple of weeks - I hope he keeps his bottom in check!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 07:31 AM
he was still stinky when we was on our way home. 12 hours traveling in a car was worse i think. stopped at almost every service station to get him to *do* something. but he wasnt having it. so had the windows open a great deal. oh and bens thought his christmas had come early. a bag fell open and a biscuit with icing fell into his bit. he looked at me then whoosh it was gone lol
we took him on the speyside steam train. he liked that. but wasnt sure of the hissing and whistles. im pretty sure if id of let him he would of sat on a seat and looked out the window lol.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Aw, our sheep are quite tough. They won't stand for upstart dogs;p

It's lovely up here but farting dogs in a tent is not a good idea. Think I prefer a Basha...at least it's open ended;0p
where abouts are u?? we was just off the A9 in Newtownmore. lovely place. friendly.
was born in edinburgh, and surprisly enough i had no probs understanding the dialect at all.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Sounds like Ben has taken to camping very well. Its got to be one of the best things you can do with your dog.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Sounds like Ben has taken to camping very well. Its got to be one of the best things you can do with your dog.
he loves it, when we was in wales a few months back, i kept finding the zip open. sir had been taking himself off for a midnight play with another dog, so now he has a super long length of rope attached to his collar. so he can stay in the tent. or go outside,
only thing is he gets used to the 24/7 being with us. and when we are home he gets all resentful when we go out without him.cant see asdas letting him in somehow.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Bless him - nowt like a dog at close quarters with a stinky bum!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
where abouts are u?? we was just off the A9 in Newtownmore. lovely place. friendly.
was born in edinburgh, and surprisly enough i had no probs understanding the dialect at all.
Further north, just north of Inverness. It's nice up here, we were out camping in a Basha the other night, just my son and I and it was lovely...

Although, I'm pretty sure there was something snuffling round us at some point...but wasn't sure if I was dreaming.