Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf
Mys and Sansorella are the acknowledged experts on this and I have loads of info from them which has been a lifesaver.
Aww I've only been feeding raw for a short time myself, but learned alot before switching them and continue to learn as time goes on...Luckily I spoke to alot of the right people who were informative and made alot of sense which helped me learn quite quickly and now I can echo it to others, especially as I can see how well it works out for my two.

mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 11:59 AM
I weaned my litter onto the barf diet, but I made sure I knew as much as I could before embarking on this, also I NEVER give them any raw meat that has not been frozen and then defrosted, it is always frozen first. here are a couple of pics to see for your self, the first one is the pups very first raw minced meal including minced bone. the second is the first raw wing, which to be honest they just chewed on and ate some of the meat, they are grown now and love the barf diet.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...e/100_0312.jpg
oops the second one came out funny lol
here it is lol.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...formyalbum.jpg

MO
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

05-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Oh cutest pic Mo 2nd hasn`t turned out tho

I got pics of my pups first meal but on the other pc which is now broke they`re all tucking in & loving it
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Done now Christine lol

MO
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

05-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Hey thats better Mo very cute

Mine would eat all the meat off the wings & leave all the bones, did yours do that? Only till they got a bit older tho & their teeth got stronger Used to spend ages watching them all munching away
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 12:13 PM
That first picture is really cute of them all lined up in a row...lol

Good idea to point out the freezing first as I know that is recommended...All our stuff comes already frozen, but if it doesn't it is a very good idea to freeze it first before feeding it, then allowing it to fully thaw out before feeding it (to room temp would be a good idea with young pups)
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2006, 12:16 PM
mine have just had a chicken wing (with a cod liver oil capsule tucked inside the skin) and pureed carrot, swede and broccoli for lunch, it was gone before I had time to clean their poops up!!!
I am aiming to cut out their lunchtime snack but not sure what the best age to do it is, any input please?? Eventually I want their main meal in the morning.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Hey TW How many meals are they on now?...and how old are they exactly right now?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2006, 12:28 PM
they are on 3 meals and are 6 months on May 23.
Today breakfast was some ox heart mixed with butchers pet meat and broccoli, lunch was a chicken wing and pureed carrot swede & broccoli and dinner will be more pet mince and pureed veg.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2006, 12:32 PM
oops, forgot to add green plastic hose pipes to their dietary list!!!!!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >