View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RockMaterial
New Member!
Female 

08-08-2012, 07:40 AM

What are the best organizations to get a fully-trained psychiatric service dog?

I live in Southern California and suffer from severe depression and an anxiety disorder making life very difficult. I have been advised that receiving a psychiatric service dog would improve my quality of life, but am having tremendous difficulty locating a good program. I've already looked through listings, researched for weeks, etc. Please provide specific programs for me to consider, not just a place I can find more listings. Thank you in advance!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Hi - this forum is largely a UK one so you would probably find the information you need on one that is more used by US people?
Good luck with your search btw.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Have you looked at Assistance Dogs (on the site which dare not speak its name)?

There is, if I remember correctly (cannot access at the mo) a Dogs for Depression therapy group and training program.