Our sister sites
Our sister sites
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2005, 08:52 PM

My first major crisis!!!

Oh my god what a day!!

Today me, ian and otis were playing in the garden with the ball when ian trod on poor Otis's foot with his size 10 timberland boots!!!! Otis yelp at the top of his voice and me and ian burst into tears. (must have been bad as ian never cries!!) I tried to comfort otis but he was in agony. We took him down to the emergency vets and they checked him out and said there was no fractures and it was probably soft tissue damage and just gave him an anti inflamatary injection. eight hours on and otis is a bit livelier but is still limping. everytime i see him limp i just burst into tears. I feel so bad this has happened to him. Do you think he will be ok?

jo x
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Yep he will be fine - don't panic.

My old Staff Sam hurt his foot and for the next 10 years or so he limped whenever we said "whos got a poorly foot then"

Just follow whatever instructions the vet gave you.

Karen
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 09:07 PM
he'll be fine, when we had all the puppies here from our litter, I was trying to get them all in(like stopping water with a seive) thought all pups legs were clear and closed the patio door on one of the pups that managed to squeeze through my legs. I though I broke his leg but when visited the vets they said the same to me pup limped for a few days but is fine now.

MO
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2005, 09:15 PM
When Rock was a baby I threw his rope toy into the kitchen. He turned so fast that he ran straight into the doorjam with his shoulder. I've never heard a dog scream so loudly. He gimped around for a couple days but after that he was fine. To this day, he won't walk through a door unless it's wide open and there's nothing blocking it.
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Thank you all so much. Thats why i love this site. As a first time puppy owner i worry about everything. All i want to do is be the best i can for otis but today has really shook me up. Cant bare to see him in pain. Im worse than him though.... i keep crying and he keeps coming over to cuddle me!!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 09:24 PM
So soon then we'll see Otis posting "My first major crisis with first time dog owner" when he asks for help on how to calm down a brokenhearted owner

Try not to worry he's training you well. :smt058
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2005, 09:38 PM
ha ha ha - thats so true!!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 10:36 PM
aw i am sure he will be fine. its awful how we worry isnt it
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Dont worry, he will be just fine, we have all done it, I did it to one of my dogs the other day, but it was his tail while he was getting up. He might play on it for a few day but thats dog/pups for you. I will warn you it always sounds worse than it is.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 12:33 PM
One of my previous staffies had her foot tridden on by my son..there was nothing wrong with her paw..but for weeks afterwards she kept putting it up and limping...especially if i was watching her!!!!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >