Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 09:39 PM

sunburn - ouch

dont know how i managed it today but have got really sunburnt. normally when we are out i use factor 50 but as it wasnt that sunny today i didnt put any on and i was wearing a low cut top so my back, shoulders and tops of my arms are red raw and feel like they are on fire. also feel slightly sick which could mean i have got sun stroke. have had this in the past

i know its my own fault but just hate being so fair skinned that i burn really easily

sue
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Aloe vera gel is brill for cooling sunburn i used it last year ,when my oh my sis and my nephew went to ayia napa(cyprus) we went out in the glass bottom boat and got scorched even with a very high factor sunblock it cooled it down and soothed the pain a treat xxdk
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-07-2007, 11:58 PM
I know this sounds stupid but believe me it really works.

Put some natural yoghurt on the sunburnt areas.

It takes the heat out of it and makes it feel much better. Promise. But it does have to be the yucky natural stuff though.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 05:22 AM
thanks for the advice - still sore today but will live.

sue
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 07:37 AM
I agree with Colin -the yoghurt really does work -I fell asleep on a beach in Crete after a night flight -when I woke up I was like a lobster You do feel a prune smothered in yoghurt but it does work -and make sure you drink plenty too .
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Good point Murphy - drink plenty of water Sue, take it easy and DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Good point Murphy - drink plenty of water Sue, take it easy and DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!
i will try not to - actually got told off by gp last time i got burnt. normally very careful now and use factor 50

its not half as sore this morning

sue
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Aloe vera gel is brill for cooling sunburn i used it last year ,when my oh my sis and my nephew went to ayia napa(cyprus) we went out in the glass bottom boat and got scorched even with a very high factor sunblock it cooled it down and soothed the pain a treat xxdk
have to agree its good he oh uses it xx