Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-12-2005, 01:32 AM
Hi Morgandy

Would you please take your Caps Lock off when posting. It is not good etiquette (regarded as shouting) and it is difficult to read.

Thank you
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Interesting film Ripsnorter
Is banding illegal ? I didn't think so

I think likening a tail to a childs finger is a little emotive too ...our fingers are one of our most sensory parts of us and so have many many more nerves running through than a tail
but at the end of the day each to their own
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Murphy
Interesting film Ripsnorter
Is banding illegal ? I didn't think so I think likening a tail to a childs finger is a little emotive too ...our fingers are one of our most sensory parts of us and so have many many more nerves running through than a tail
but at the end of the day each to their own
Didn't think banding was illegal either?

Of course the film is all sweetness and light, it's bound to be they're all for docking! But I used to be one of those that immediately thought docking was cruel etc because it must hurt, but I don't think that's the case.
I mean farmers do it to lambs for hygiene reasons and no one seems bothered about that?
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-12-2005, 04:34 PM
originally posted by; Ripsnorterthe2nd I mean farmers do it to lambs for hygiene reasons and no one seems bothered about that
I beg to differ!!! I am bothered Interesting video and I enjoyed your post! of course the council for docking shows only one side I still think their argument would not cut it in a court of law though. For working dogs Yes! The argument for pets is very weak though.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Dibley
The argument for pets is very weak though.
Maybe,maybe not...

Vegas has a complete tail and he likes to go through hedges at full speed,but unfortunately it does get cut by thorns etc.Its only because the fur on his tail is quite short that it dont get caught up,but i do end up dabbing antisceptic cream on the various cuts he ends up with on it.

Everyone has the choice whether to purchase a docked dog or not.
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Steve: Everyone has the choice whether to purchase a docked dog or not
Of course they do and this is what it ultimatley comes down too! Would you go for a docked breed personally? I don't want to start world war three I just want to hear views and views of people we haven't allready
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 06:02 PM
I have to sit on the fence on this one. I don't own docked breeds and probably never will (love my sheps and collies too much) but if I were to have, for example, an ESS then I would like the choice to decide whether I wanted a docked pup or not, probably dependant on whether I would work my dog.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 06:05 PM
this has been a strong argument for years , I for one think it is totally wrong to cut a tail off a pup that is intented solely as a pet ,I just do not think there is any justification for this at all ,I have 4 boxers as most of you know. all docked not through choice believe me and I know plenty of people that would love a boxer with a tail and just cannot get one ,odd really dont you think , hopefuly something will be done in scotland about it but I dont think so reading the anti-docking papers even when it comes into law in scotland people will just go over the border or to ireland and get it done there , who gives us the right to choose to cut part of an animal off just because some idiot thinks it looks better , we had had a few through the welfare this year with tails and they look fantastic
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Dibley
Would you go for a docked breed personally?
I've already had one-a Rottweiler who was docked and next year i will have another!
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 07:53 PM
If I'm ever mad enough to get another dobe ..then I'll probably go for a docked one again
Page 8 of 33 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »