Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 07:20 PM
34 days at my work place.

However some of those are fixed. We have a week shutdown at Easter following on from easter monday.

Then we get the first two weeks of August and then we usually break the day before Xmas Eve and return on 2nd or 3rd January.

And then we get an additional 12 days to take as and where we want.

However we do have to work some of the bank holidays - usually it's just two or three but this year we're working five which is not ideal but nevermind!
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by scottyvdub View Post
...................wow
You probably guessed that I'm a teacher! I'm not gloating though, as when I have my holidays from school I'm undoubtedly working at the office with my OH
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Used to be 20 days of my own choosing, plus 8 days public.

This year it's 25 days of my own choosing, due to some government thing or other, plus 8 days public.

I work full time, Monday to Friday.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 07:30 PM
I work for the NHS so I get the statutory amount, which I think equates to 7 weeks (including BHs).

I think you also get an extra week per 10 years of service too?
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Angie1966 View Post
You probably guessed that I'm a teacher! I'm not gloating though, as when I have my holidays from school I'm undoubtedly working at the office with my OH
dont foget your "teacher training days"
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I think I get 22 days including bank holidays & 4 days for Christmas.

I hate my job though - they're stingy with holidays, wages, paying for anything (even necessary things like computer maintenance) and it has a huge effect on our ability to do our jobs. Can't wait to be shot of them!
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
I think I get 22 days including bank holidays & 4 days for Christmas.

I hate my job though - they're stingy with holidays, wages, paying for anything (even necessary things like computer maintenance) and it has a huge effect on our ability to do our jobs. Can't wait to be shot of them!
im getting a bit like that with my firm, you spend most of your time at work so you have to be happy
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 07:38 PM
I get 4 weeks, plus bank holidays.
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2012, 07:41 PM
36 days this year, I'm allowed 4 half day fridays, so its 38. No compulsary days. Seems ok, could always use more though!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by scottyvdub View Post
im getting a bit like that with my firm, you spend most of your time at work so you have to be happy
Exactly, you're there for huge amounts of time so they should do what they can to make sure their workers are happy! I would understand if they were a small company but the company I work for make a big profit every year so it really annoys me that they won't even pay me minimum wage or pay to get my computer fixed

I must admit, the only thing keeping me in my job at the minute is that I need to pay to go to uni next year! If I didn't, I'd take a part time job at the pub down the road instead
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >