Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 04:00 PM

Toddlers and Tiaras

I saw a review of this recently and found some episodes on u tube. I am hooked---it is truly dreadful but for me compulsive viewing.

Some of the mothers are awful to the kids---some of the kids are awful to the mothers. One pagent gave puppies as prizes----for goodness sake!

What did strike me was that the kids are more and more like caricatures of the 'glamour' they want. The make up and hair has become excessive. Remind you of anything?

rune
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Oh, I watch this too It is shocking, but I can't help keep watching it! The giving puppies as prizes totally sickened me! I saw one, where the woman who organised the pageant took off, before the winners were announced, with $20,000 of entry fees (I think that was the amount) and no one got their prize money... was shocking!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 05:30 AM
They remind me of some dog owners who drag their dogs from pillar to post like those professional mothers who fill up the diaries of their children with after school activities so they never have time to just "be"!

Or who go to every show in the pursuit of JW points.

These people use them like projects or trophies, to brag about in those ghastly "how marvellous we are" round robin Xmas Cards some of them send.

For some people ego knows no bounds...........
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 08:13 AM
I thought this thread had got lost and no one else had noticed the programme!

I have watched loads of them on u tube now. I think only a couple of mums have come over to me as being nice to their kids. One wanted a girl so she could do pagents and at 18 mths the child is told she is doing things wrong!

They all do seem to be ego extensions.

rune
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2011, 02:50 PM
I was like that but i miss most of it because i'm too busy slagging the parents off haha, especially that girl with hip and boob cushions. I really don't think 7 year old girls should have padding or wiggling their hips
Greenfae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2011, 03:10 PM
I LOVE Toddlers and Tiaras. Well, I love to hate it. Parts of it make my skin crawl but it's like a car crash!
I don't really have a problem with people dressing their kids up (braces for backlash on that comment), but I HATE the pressure that is put on them to 'perform'. I think it's fine to do dance classes and perform talents and develop the confidence of your child but when they are crying because they are so stressed and tired there is something very wrong.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by HollyG1 View Post
I was like that but i miss most of it because i'm too busy slagging the parents off haha, especially that girl with hip and boob cushions. I really don't think 7 year old girls should have padding or wiggling their hips
You ain't been to many infant school discos lately - it's flipping terrifying the number of them who can bump and grind better than the population on any music channel!
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Car crash tv, love it I end up sitting shouting at the mothers, but there's usually one or two episodes where I see the girls and mums doing it for fun, and those I like and cheer on lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 03:59 PM
I had a go at a mum in one of our groups whose 7 year old turned up in makeup. I can`t bear it. Get a dolly if you want to play dressup, I say.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 04:00 PM
I watched a series similiar to this years ago, one of the children from the series was found dead in her parents basement. I'm sure her parents were arrested for her murder but i cant remember the outcome. I'll have to have a look at this programme xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >